chapter 37.

xxxvii.

It was not a teacher.

It was a security guard who heard Jungwon's scream as he came rushing in thinking there was a serial killer. Mira caught a glimpse of the security guard's uniform before she was pushed inside the room to hide.

Unfortunately, she stumbled a bit from the force and was about to step on someone's leg. Before she could even regain her balance, Jungwon had pulled her with him to his bed, canceling her fall.

Jeon Mira didn't have enough time to process what happened. She surprised herself by not stepping on a single body when the boy was dragging her. Then she was suddenly forced to sit down. The next second she was covered with a large blanket and was pulled to lay on the bed. A hand covered her mouth as Jungwon signaled her to be quiet by placing a finger on his lips.

The door of their room opened and the security guard walked in, followed by another voice.

Oh.

It was not only a security guard, but also a teacher.

Mira wasn't sure what to be nervous about. The fact that the teacher and security guard were currently evaluating the area, their footsteps filling the silent atmosphere, or the fact that Jungwon was so near she could see his details despite being under the sheets.

"I swear I heard something here."

Two students hiding under a blanket? That's something you don't see everyday.

The girl stopped breathing, unsure whether Jungwon could feel the lack of air blowing on the palm of his hand. She unknowingly started to admire his features.

"I heard it too. Maybe it was not the students?"

Jungwon had pale flawless-looking skin that looked super soft to the touch. He had filled tiger-like eyebrows that accentuates his beauty. Super soft and long eyelashes along with his feline eyes. A sharp nose with a tall nose bridge and pink-tinted lips that were slightly apart from each other.

The so-called couple made eye contact and it took their breaths away, completely forgetting about the adults who still roamed around the room.

However, none of them wanted to move away — not like they could anyway. Yang Jungwon removed his hand from her mouth and stared at her captivating orbs. Something lured him in from the way her gaze took his breath away. He unknowingly averted his eyes to her pink lips.

"From the other room I guess. Everyone's asleep here." One of them yawned.

Deep inside, Jungwon wanted to know what it feels like to have his lips pressed against a lover. He didn't get to experience it before, but this time he has Mira, and he wanted to try — if he may. He heard the door open and close, telling him that the teacher and guard were gone, but none of them moved away.

Mira's mind went blank as she continued staring at him. He has one of the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen. She licked her lips, making the male look back at her as if he were silently asking for consent.

Jungwon moved his hand to her cheek, slowly caressing it. He admired the few small dots on her cheeks despite not having much light to see. His eyes were still focused on hers intently, and there was something that made Mira lean into his touch.

She could have punched him across the face, but she was too frozen to do that.

The girl could feel his nose brushing against hers and their lips were a few inches away. She aggressively shut her eyes, waiting for the moment of impact where she would feel a pair of lips on her own. Her heart was thumping loud and fast, and her hand was clutching onto his hoodie tightly.

She waited.

But it never came.

Mira peeked through her eyelids, and that was when Jungwon decided to give a peck at the spot between her nose and the corner of her lip. Her breath hitched at the action as she widened her eyes after he pulled away. Jungwon too seemed shocked by his own action. Their blushes were evident on their skin. It was suddenly difficult to breathe normally.

"I'm sorry," He apologized lowly, taking a deep breath. "But that was a warm-up."

The male proceeded to lock their lips together in a soft kiss. A kind of kiss that was perfect for their first. Her lips were soft, almost silken, and pillowy against his own. Same goes for him. He couldn't ignore the frown Mira had on which was reasonable. He felt the soft tickle of her breath beneath his nose, her fingers still clutching his hoodie for dear life.

Jungwon's hand that was on her cheek gradually traveled towards her upper arm as he held her firmly in place. The kiss ended as quickly as it started. And that was enough for them.

"Mi," He whispered softly. Jungwon swallowed his nerves, not believing what he just did. Where did he get the confidence from? The boy bit his bottom lip, looking at her with an expression Mira failed to decipher. Was he just swept up in the moment?

The girl was a blushing mess. She found it hard to breathe so she removed the blanket above her head and abruptly shot up from the bed, taking a deep inhale of the fresh air.

Mira needed a moment to herself to process the event that happened a few seconds ago between her and Yang Jungwon. She felt a shift beside her on the mattress, indicating the boy sat up. She looked the other way away from him, feeling as if she couldn't look him in the eye right now.

She had mixed feelings. All stirred together inside a pot, resulting in Mira being unsure of what emotion she felt.