chapter 29.

xxix.

"What's going on between you and Mira?" Kim Sunoo questioned, taking a sip of his coffee. Jungwon and Ni-ki sat across him, also consuming their beverages.

"Nothing much, why?" The boy in question replied.

The older male shook his head, taking a bite of the biscuit that came with his drink. He was just curious because he had been seeing Jungwon and Mira a lot lately, making him think they have something going on. "Just asking."

"We're close friends. How about you, hyung? With Aerin," Jungwon decided to throw in a question equivalent to what Sunoo asked a few seconds ago, only to earn a blush in return. Ni-ki saw this and kicked the latter's shin under the table mischievously.

However, the act startled Sunoo as he accidentally banged his knee on the roof of the table causing it to jerk. The loud sound earning glances from other people around. The Japanese boy cupped his mouth to not laugh out loud while Jungwon pursed his lips at the funny sight.

Just then, a small bell chimed indicating another customer entered but the three boys paid no attention to it from the series of whines Sunoo sprouted not knowing the new customers were in fact, a group of girls with two of them being the girls they spoke of earlier.

Unfortunately, the four girls didn't notice the boys as they chose a random table, coincidentally sitting right behind them with Aerin and Mira's back facing Jungwon and Ni-ki's.

"Not gonna lie but these hanboks are getting pretty itchy..." Cheram grumbled, pulling the collar with her index finger. "There's a loose string sticking out that's making it tickle."

"It hasn't been two hours yet," Yubin laughed and nudged her friend's arm with her own. "Stop complaining and start ordering," She gestured towards the menu filled with different kinds of beverages.

Mira and Yubin had decided on the drink they were ordering while Aerin and Cheram were still choosing theirs. Trying to not waste any time, the pair stood up from their seats and walked towards the counter, leaving the two girls behind at the table.

"Will it be alright if I ask her out?" Sunoo asked his two best friends as they glanced at each other. Jungwon was first to answer, hesitantly nodding his head with a quiet hum. "But what if she doesn't like me back? That would be bad!"

"Hyung, stop overthinking and be bold. What's the worse that could happen? Besides I think Aerin likes you back," Ni-ki retorted, eating the last bite of his biscuit before leaning back against his chair, crossing his arms, and watching Sunoo ruffling his hair in frustration.

Park Aerin's ears shot up when she heard someone saying her name so she looked left and right, trying to find the person but she didn't see anyone who might know her. Had she misheard it? The café was packed anyway so there was a chance it was just another person named Aerin.

"You guys ready to order yet?" Yubin questioned, returning to her table. Cheram nodded her head as she approached the counter to place in her order, bringing the menu with her while Aerin shook her head saying she wasn't going to order anything.

"Where's Mira?" She asked softly.

"She went to the restroom. I wonder how she's gonna do her business with that hanbok," Yubin chuckled, sitting back down across Aerin.

"How do you know that?" Sunoo asked Ni-ki with a raised eyebrow, doubting the words he said. "You're not saying that to make me feel better right?" He added, looking skeptically before averting his gaze to Jungwon who had been silent the whole conversation.

"No, I just know it. I'm the coolest friend here so I know everything. And what I'm saying is definitely true," Ni-ki confidently remarked, nodding his head legitimately. "If you ask her out then I'll be the only single friend here. I'll be even more cooler."

The statement caught Yang Jungwon off guard as he choked on his leftover coffee, staring at the younger male in a daze, "What are you saying?" Despite the shocked expression on his face, there was an evident blush on his cheeks and his friends weren't sure if it was his natural blush, or if he was actually flustered.

"I'm back," Mira returned from the restroom and took a seat. "Did you order?"

Everyone but Aerin nodded their heads. "Wanna share with me then? I don't think I can finish my drink alone. I ordered a Caramel Macchiato without coffee," Mira offered.

Cheram and Yubin looked at Mira dumbfoundedly, not believing the words she said. Macchiato without coffee? How?

Nishimura Riki laughed as he threw his head back, having fun teasing his friends about their crushes. It wasn't that difficult to figure out Sunoo favored Aerin, adding the many interactions he often saw between them at school. Jungwon was no different but he recently shipped Miwon after witnessing the scene on the train.

Midway through his laughter, Ni-ki caught sight of a familiar girl in the corner of his eye. He quickly looked behind him and saw his female classmates conversing. The boy covered his mouth in surprise and turned back to his friends who stared at him startled.

"Why? What happe—"

Jungwon's words were cut short when another voice joined. He turned around and saw a waiter delivering beverages to the table behind them. He knew it wasn't his business to butt in other people's matters because that will make him a hypocrite, but he couldn't help after seeing a familiar face. As much as Jungwon wanted to compliment how amazing she looked in a lilac hanbok, his eyes were burning holes behind the waiter's head.

"Your drinks, miss," The waiter looked his age, maybe two or three years older. He placed the drinks down on the table, Mira's drink being last.

"Thank you," She softly spoke.

The waiter looked hesitant, but he ended up shooting his shot. "Uhm miss, if you don't mind... Is it okay if I ask you to go out with me some time if you're free—"

"Sorry man but the girl's taken already," Cheram answered for her (she learned from the rumors) before glancing at his nametag. "Choi Soobin? You're cute and all but you're too late," She smiled.

Soobin nodded his head slowly before bowing, feeling embarrassed, "Sorry for the intrusion. Enjoy your drinks," The male went back to the counter in defeat and it unknowingly relieved Jungwon.

a/n; next chapter will be the game. also a soobin cameo-