chapter 59.

lix.

"Where's Jungwon?"

"He ran away," Jake shrugged while eating his fried chicken.

-

"It's not fair..." Kyeri muttered, looking down at her shoes with her clenched fists resting on either side of her body. Her voice cracked at the end of the sentence and Mira's ominous expression faltered ever so slightly. "It's not fair!"

The younger girl threw herself on Mira, startling the latter as she let out a surprised gasp, instinctively taking a step backward from the force. Jang Kyeri had her arms wrapped around the older's body, and her head was buried on her shoulder, hiding her sulky expression. Mira attempted to escape her tight embrace but failed miserably. She was surprisingly strong.

"Uh, wait—"

"It's not fair! It's not fair, it's not fair!" Kyeri constantly repeated as she shook her head back and forth, trying to convince herself that her role model (aka the person she liked, aka the person she looked up to) wasn't taken. Her grip on Mira got tighter, eliciting a faint whine from the latter. "I liked you first, not him! Why did you have to be with him!"

Jungwon froze.

And Mira's eyes bugged. She stared down at her junior in confusion. Kyeri was still holding onto her, not wanting to let go in fear she would not be able to see her again. Sure, it was the first time she had the confidence to finally approach the older girl after admiring her from a distance, but she wished for them to stay close. Like this.

When Kyeri caught Mira and Jungwon leaving the same house together that day, her heart shattered. She refused to believe anything at first, but after witnessing them being intimate with each other made her thought of the worst-case scenario. She regretted spying on them for the past few days to see if it was true, to confirm her doubts. They acted like good friends in front of everyone, but when they were alone, it was a different story.

Just when she thought Senior Kim Sunoo was her sworn enemy, it appeared that Senior Yang Jungwon was her true one. A rival. A foe. An opponent.

But she had already lost before she could even commence a war with that dimpled boy.

Soft pats were felt on her head as Kyeri stilled. She tilted her head a little, observing her senior giving her hair a light caress. Her heart started beating faster as she tightened her hold, clasping onto Mira's school blazer.

The second-year student shut her eyes, and breathed out slowly, relishing the moment. She knew she wouldn't receive this type of affection again as this would probably be the first and final time. However, the gesture didn't last long because she found herself being separated the next moment, her arms automatically detached themselves from Mira as an uninvited individual made his appearance, standing in between them.

The oh-so-familiar boy with boba eyes and tiger-like eyebrows narrowed his eyes at her. The same boy who Jang Kyeri resented so much. Just the sight of him makes her want to [a very much needed censor because definitely NOT appropriate for ANY or ALL AGES].

"That's enough," Yang Jungwon snapped, eyes piercing directly into the second-year student who rolled her eyes in irritation at the disturbance. "I reckon you know about us now, so please, stay in your lane."

Kyeri grumbled at his words as she eyed his hand that was on her shoulder. The girl swiftly slapped it away in disgust, "Get your saucy-pignutted small hand away from me."

Jungwon frowned at her choice of insult. He had never heard of them before. What is a saucy pignut? The girl's vocabulary range was beyond this world. Small hand? The boy looked down at his hands and blinked. Compared to hers, his hand was much bigger. Does that mean she had saucy-pignutted diminutive hands?

"Senior Mira is mine," Kyeri snarled, narrowing her eyes at Jungwon. She dashed towards the older female and linked their arms together. "She's mine."

Yang Jungwon disliked losing. He immediately took Mira's other arm and pulled her towards him whilst glaring at the younger girl simultaneously, "No, she's mine."

"She's mine!" Another pull from Kyeri.

"She's my girlfriend!" Another pull from him.

"But I liked her first you rude mother-twitting stick!" The game of tug of war followed by a few more unique insults kept coming. Jungwon couldn't help but question the creativity behind them. Creative but displeasing. "Let go of Senior Mira, ratsbane!" She spat.

Like the other day at the restaurant, Jeon Mira felt like a rag doll. She was being pulled back and forth by the two students and she was worried that her arms would snap off any time soon. Watching the heated battle between her junior and her own boyf— wait, boyfriend? Was that Jungwon's label now?

With one final yank, the male successfully disconnected Kyeri's grasp on Mira's arm. He immediately enveloped the older girl in his embrace and took a step back. Deja vu, it wasbut instead of fighting with his older sister, he was fighting with a girl who appeared out of thin air.

Jungwon knew Jeon Mira was attractive, but he didn't expect her to have so many admirers all at once. Maybe it was because of her kindness and outgoing personality. The girl in his arms was also smart, a plus point. He felt like he had a lot of rivals to watch out for, but he was certainly lucky to have her by his side first.

"Why," Kyeri whispered, her expression still feverish. "I've never seen Senior Mira with anyone else besides Senior Kim Sunoo. Why the heck did you suddenly appear out of nowhere?" She continued, her voice shaking.

I should be asking you that, Jungwon thought.

Jang Kyeri sniffled before she aggressively wiped her tears away. She might have lost today, but that didn't mean she will lose next time. Her seniors might be dating each other, but that didn't mean she couldn't spend a whole day with the female without Jungwon getting in the way.

A new goal. To have Senior Mira for a day without Yang's interruption.

"I really loathe you," Kyeri disputed at the male who was blinking in bewilderment with those boba eyes of his. This only made her scoff. No matter how much she tried denying it, it was no doubt that Jungwon was one of the most attractive males she had met. No wonder Mira chose him. They were a visual couple.

Kyeri shuddered and shook her head, reminding herself that she despised him.

The young girl gave him one last glare before stomping away, unfortunately bumping into another boy, "Watch it, dagnabbit," She snapped, not glancing at the person as she went on with her path.

"Dagnabbit?" The boy whispered to himself, scratching his head. He spun around and found Mira and Jungwon standing by the vending machine, hugging. He covered his eyes, "Oh my eyes— NOT AGAIN."

a/n; i apologize for the lack of updates. being a senior in high school had been packing up my schedule lately </3 worse, when you're starting to get writer's block too.