chapter 26.

xxvi.

Yang Jungwon was currently chilling. The students were given free time until lights out and were allowed to lounge anywhere within the hanok's radar. Some students had gone to different rooms to hang out with their friends and some even went to the girl's room to visit their partners.

Jungwon preferred to stay in his room as he leaned against the wooden wall, listening to his friends' chatter. The room he was in was probably the only room that didn't have any girls.

Ni-ki, Sunoo, Sangwon, Doyoung, Haruto, and more were his friends. Being an extroverted kid allowed him to befriend many students of different classes. Adding the fact that he was well-known, making his job easier.

As of now, the boys were talking about random subjects that come to mind to satisfy their boredom whether it's about games or hobbies. At one point Ni-ki being the childish teenager he is, dragged Kim Sunoo across the floor by his feet as if he was his mop for his entertainment.

"Hey guys you wanna do something fun? I'm bored," One of the boys across the room spoke, catching everyone's attention. Jungwon remembered his name was Nam Kitae from class three.

"Sure, why not?" Another boy agreed as he dragged himself towards the middle of the room. The rest of the guys joined, forming a circle. Ni-ki and Doyoung joined too followed by the rest of his friends.

When all the boys were huddled, Kitae spoke again, "Now that everyone's here, what do y'all wanna do? Cuz I don't have think," He remarked, earning a smack across the head from his best friend, Minho.

"You invited us to play but you have no idea?" Minho scoffed, watching his childhood friend rub his head at the spot he hit. "No wonder you placed last in class."

"You know you don't have to slap me on the head, Minho-ah," Nam Kitae awkwardly smiled, still rubbing his head to ease the pain.

For some reason, watching their interaction made Jungwon think of Mira. The way she would hit him when she was flustered or offended, her cheeks turning red in embarrassment. It made him recall the day they hung out on the rooftop, the same day they confessed who their crushes were.

"—ngwon," Jung Haseong from class two waved his hand in front of the lad's face, snapping him back to reality as he blinked a couple of times.

"We called your name five times. What made you stare off into space like that?" Ni-ki queried, raising an eyebrow in expectation with a small smirk on his lips. It looked like he already knew the reason but was playing dumb.

"It was just a flashback," Jungwon rolled his eyes playfully. Ni-ki chuckled but nodded his head anyway.

"So should we play cards? Uno? Or you wanna just talk and get to know each other or something? Maybe spice things up a bit like talking about our crushes? Everyone must have had one, right?" Another boy named Lee Hamin suggested.

"I don't have one, though," Ni-ki raised his hand.

"Then maybe just pick a person you want to get to know more. Let's rate," Hamin smiled, standing up to grab a piece of paper and a ballpoint pen from his bag before sitting back down on the circle. "For me, I personally like Jang Wonyoung from class four."

The boy wrote her name on the paper and drew a vertical line beside it, indicating one person voted for her.

"I like Wonyoung too, not romantically though. She's just very nice to talk to," Another boy agreed with Hamin, drawing another line next to the first one. "Anyone else?"

"I kinda favor Jihan from class two. Her dimples attracted me," Kitae piped up, smiling brightly. "Wait but, Shin Yuna is pretty attractive too," He added, scratching the side of his nose with a frown, "And also that girl with glasses. I forgot her name though," The boy kept telling different girls while the others watched him blankly. "Oh and don't get me started on—"

Another smack from Minho.

They started discussing the people they wrote and Jungwon noticed the majority had chosen Jang Wonyoung. Standing in second place was a girl from class three, Lim Siwoo. In third place was Oh Miyun. Honestly, there were a lot of people (mostly girls) on the paper and he was too lazy to mention all of them.

"Why the f(13+ word)ck did Kitae vote for all of them?" Minho spoke, scanning the paper before glaring at his friend who was whistling while spinning the pen between his fingers, unbothered. "You're pretty bold for someone who only dated once—"

"Hey!" Kitae protested. "I've dated twice, I just didn't tell you about the other one. I was only rejected once in my life," He crossed his arms.

"By who?"

"Siri."

"Okay, let's stop fighting. The one who has not voted yet is Ni-ki, Jungwon, and Sangwon," Hamin enlightened causing everyone to give their attention to the three teenagers who stayed silent, not knowing what to say.

"No one? Not even Kim Heeyoung?"

"Who in their right mind would pick her," Ni-ki mumbled under his breath.

Kim Heeyoung, one of the popular girls at school who thinks everyone will obey her just because her uncle is their school's principal. She was beautiful but ruthless. Gossiping was an everyday hobby for her and there wasn't a single day where she won't be flirty and clingy around boys. Nishimura Riki was one of the victims and boy was he traumatized.

"Heeyoung placed fourth in the chart," Lee Hamin announced. "Kitae, you're not gonna choose her too?"

"I thought I voted for everyone?" The boy rhetorically questioned, drawing a stickman at the bottom of the page out of boredom.

"So, who do you guys choose? It can be anyone. Literally anyone," Hamin persisted to the three boys who were still pondering their options.

a/n; so many characters i hope you guys aren't confused </3 they are all supporting roles though so dw too much.