Eighteen

'Domain Expansion

'Domain Expansion. Within an innate domain constructed from cursed energy, their ultimate technique becomes one guaranteed to hit. It's the height of jujutsu sorcery I could never obtain. Most likely, his cursed technique requires touching the target with his palm in its base state in order to interfere with their soul. However, in a domain that guarantees a hit, that would mean I'm... ' Nanami concluded knowingly.

'Literally in the palm of his hand now. Shit. Jujutsu sorcerers are shit. They have to be prepared to cast away their lives for others, and to occasionally force their comrades to do so. That's why I quit. Or more like I ran away.'

Small Flashback

"Do you like casse-croute?"

"Huh?" The blonde male dressed in the striped business suit questioned the red-headed female bakery worker.

"Huh? You always buy this one, don't you?"

"Oh, uh, yes. They stopped selling it at my local convenience store."

The female employee grabbed for a brown paper bag behind the counter and began to open it while Nanami reached behind him, pulling out his wallet from his back pocket.  "It's much better than a convenience store's, isn't it?"

"Well, you are a bakery." The blonde male responded, handing over the money to the female worker for his purchase.

"Wow, harsh." The red-headed female employee smiled then handing over the brown paper bag with the sandwich inside.

Nanami then proceeded to take his leave out of the bakery, as he was nearly out the doorway the female worker shouted after him in a cheery voice. "Please come back again." The blonde stopped short right outside the door to the bakery, he ever so slightly turned his head back.

'Fly head...' The low-grade curse grinned at the blonde male who had glanced at it rested on the red-headed female worker's shoulder as the woman continued to smile as well as way bye to the blonde male.

  'Leaving it alone won't hurt anything. It'd be a bigger pain to deal with it and have her think I'm some weird medium.' Nanami resumed his daily routine on to his work place, leaving the fly head curse unharmed for the time being.

Once at his place at work Nanami sat at his desktop work area, discussing how things operated to a new employee, the boss then walked through the office of the tall building. "Hello, everybody! You making those sales?!"

"When people trust us with their money, they're trusting us with their lives. So, it goes without saying that we have to balance the pursuit of profit against the risks. There's no need to do anything special at the start. Just be sincere with the clients. Never forget that."

The blonde explained to the dark-haired newly hired office worker who nodded while smiling indicating that he was listening to all what Nanami had to say to him about the job.