Thirty Six

"I think I'll go see a movie

"I think I'll go see a movie." Yuji announced while browsing through the showtimes displayed on his phone as he and his fellow comrades strolled down the street; discussing how they wanted to spend the rest of their day, "what about you, Kugisaki?"

"It's still early, I'll probably go shopping or something."

"You all have so much energy. I'm going home, then." Megumi's eyes glanced towards the gravity manipulating teen walking beside him, "what are your plans?"

Y/N folded her arms behind her head, "same as yours. It's not too often that I have free time to just relax and now that I finally have nothing else to do, I'm taking this opportunity to unwind for a little while."

"You sure that you don't want to come with me, Y/N? I'll treat you." Nobara hummed, her eyes darting from her phone screen and onto the redhead.

"Tempting," Y/N smiled beneath a soft chuckle as the four young sorcerers leisurely approached the black vehicle that Ijichi patiently waited within to transport the students back to Jujutsu Tech if they so wished to head back ahead of time, "but maybe next time, I appreciate the offer."

Megumi opened the car door and gestured for Y/N to climb in first; immediately closing the door after sliding into the vehicle after the redhead.

"Take care." Yuji waved, watching as the black car pulled away from the curb and disappeared down the street. With the departure of the vehicle carrying two of the four first years now out of eyesight, Nobara exhaled as she turned to walk up a flight of stairs, "finally done."

"I'm going to the movies. What about you?" Yuji called after the ginger; flaunting the theater showtimes for the movie he was interested in on his phone, prompting Nobara to divert her gaze back onto the salmon-haired teen. "What are you seeing?"

"Human Earthworm 4." Yuji replied with a bright closed-eye smile while holding four fingers up.

"Who's ever go see that? I haven't even seen 1, 2, or 3." Nobara countered sharply while placing a hand onto her cocked hip.

"I think you'd be fine jumping in on 4."

The pink-haired teen remarked as his thumb mashed on the trailer for the movie that he was eager to watch; flipping his phone to face Nobara as the trailer played on the screen. "This time, the mad scientist from the first one, Dr. Richter, is making his long-awaited reappearance! And the hybrid human-earthworm fusion born from the doctor's experiments is going to give rise to an enhanced Human Earthworm!"

"What the hell? That's so gross." Nobara grimaced in disgust as she listened to Yuji ramble an explanation of the movie's plot to her.

"The poor Human Earthworm, who barely escaped from Dr. Ritcher with its life, finally wanders into a campground where a group of college students are, and that's when the story really kicks off. So, one of the people in that group is a kind woman who's an animal rights proponent, and the Human Earthworm falls in love with her. So the theme is actually love!"