Twenty Four

The remaining talismans that were keeping track of the Spirit Bash Race in the observation room suddenly lit up, burning scarlet red flames, startling the adults within the room

"Huh?" Utahime gawked at the combusted talismans hanging on the wall, smoke rising out from the extinguished red flames.

"The game's over? And they all burned red?"

"That's odd" Mei Mei spoke, just as befuddled by the unforeseen turn of events as the rest of the faculty along with the two former mafia partners.

"My crows didn't see anything."

"As the Great Teacher Gojo, I'd love to say that my students exorcised them all." The white-haired male states soberly as he pressed his hands together with his elbows resting on top on his thighs.

"The charms will burn red for unregistered cursed energy." Yaga informed, across from the Tokyo principal, Dazai arose from his seat.

"It must be an outsider. Maybe an intruder?" Utahime glanced over to the white-haired male who seemed troubled with his thoughts.

"Does this mean Master Tengen's barrier isn't functioning?" Mei Mei pondered the possibility, sending a feeling of uneasiness to wash over the faculty.

"Intruder or not, it doesn't change the fact that this is an unexpected situation." Principal Gakuganji remarks. 

'They must be fairly skilled to exorcise that.' The older man thought to himself, referring to the cursed spirit he had released he hoped would kill Itadori.

'Who could it be?'

Principal Yaga stood up from his chair, his fingers clenched into his palms.

"I'm heading over to Master Tengen. Satoru will go with Principal Gakuganji to rescue the students. Mei will stay here and locate the positions. Let Satoru and the others know as soon as you find out."

"Understood. I look forward to the bonus." Mei Mei responded, turning her head slightly towards the dark-haired male.

The Tokyo principal then looked towards the brunette and the red-haired male. "You two are free to join Satoru, I assume that you would want to ensure Nakahara's safety."

Dazai merely chuckled humorlessly in response as he combed his fingers through his tousled chocolate brown locks.

"Very wise decision on your part, Principal Yaga. I knew you were smart enough to realize that we weren't simply going to sit idly by. After all, we once were Double Black and besides if anyone lays even a finger on Y/N's head, I personally will rip their heart out."

The brunette threatens sinisterly as a chilling aura surrounded the male, the older Nakahara sibling having rising out of his seat, made his way next to the brunette's side, his icy blue eyes gleaming with an unspoken threat of his own.