Twenty Six

"I bet you're not popular with the ladies!"

"Huh?" Chuuya whipped his head around in the direction of the feminine voice, standing behind the trio were two teenage girls, one of which Chuuya recognized as Y/N's friend.

"You meet some new people and all you do is talk about yourself. I'll charge you for this."

"What makes you think you're a good enough listener to charge for it?" Mai sassed the ginger-haired girl who appeared annoyed by the Zenin twin's remark.

Nobara shot the teen a dirty look from out of the corner of her eye while clenching her teeth.

"Shut up! This isn't the time to be picking fights!"

Utahime smiled in relief upon seeing the two girls unharmed. "You guys!"

The blonde curse user suddenly giggled during which time he brought his arms close to his body in a form of hugging himself.

"Wow! So many girls! I'm so popular!"

He exclaimed his eyes sparkling in glee, completely disregarding the two former mafia partners, the insult Nobara directed at the blonde curse user flew over his head as well.

The ginger-haired girl's eyes shrunk in an agitated and judgmental manner.

"Are you even listening?"

"I'll back you up. Just make sure you don't get caught in some friendly fire." Mai cooed at Nobara as Mai turned on her heels, loving the reaction she received out of teasing the ginger-haired girl.

"You better watch out!" Nobara shouted back at the slyly smirking Kyoto student.

Dazai restrained himself from falling into a fit of laugh watching the whole interaction of the two girls play out before his eyes. "I like her attitude."

"Of course, you would." Chuuya sneered furrowing his eyebrows distinctly over at the brunette.

A blaring noise resonated above their heads, causing all eyes to look up towards the sky, where the inky dome gradually disintegrated into nothing.

"The veil is gone?!"

"For real? Has it even been thirty minutes?" Dazai's eyes darkened at the blonde curse user's question as he also gaped at the veil that was no longer there.

Unfazed by the brunette's death glares, the blonde curse user quickly spun away from the sorcerers, making an escape around a corner.

"Time to run!"

"What was his deal?" Utahime questioned no one in particular at the very moment that the curse user disappeared around the corner of the cobblestone wall.

"Shouldn't you go after him? I don't know who you people deal with intruders here, but I wouldn't have let him off as easily as you just did."

Chuuya's voice snapped Utahime out of her confused daze, the woman directed her attention onto the red-haired male who stared at her calculatingly.