Chapter 19- Memories and Faults

Mihaela spent the whole weekend with her parents, they were all just walking and talking, having a good time. Miha carried Aurora in her arms as they walked.

"What's your patronus?" Nina asked with a smile. 

"Leopard." Mihaela responded, taking out her wand, "Expecto Patronum!" 

A silver snow leopard appeared from the wand and raced around the three, Nina and Alexander stood there in complete awe at the patronus. Finally the patronus disappeared, Mihaela gave a proud smile and put the wand away. 

"That's quite impressive." Alexander said, nodding his head in approval, "I know plenty of wizards who can't produce a full patronus." 

"Thank you," Miha bowed her head for a moment and smiled, "Took a long time to practice it." 

"I bet." Nina laughed and they continued to walk through the gardens to Hogwarts, Miha was so happy to be with her family; if only Lucius was there.

"And this little angel," Nina said, looking at Aurora, "She is just a pretty little thing." 

"Thank you, she's my pride and joy," Miha kissed Aurora's forehead, who giggled and looked up at her mother, "I love her so much." 

"Who's her father?" 

"I would prefer not to say," She said quietly, holding Aurora close to her, "I'm sorry." 

"It's alright," Alexander waved his hand, "Anyway......" 

They walked on for hours and hours and after a long time. Alexander grabbed Miha's wrist and pulled her close. 

"Go hide, something's wrong." He said, Mihaela stood there in pure confusion but did as he ordered her. She found a large hedge and hid behind it, Aurora looked around in confusion as well. 

"Nina..." Mihaela heard a woman coo, "Alexander... he's disappointed in you." 

"It doesn't matter, she's an innocent girl. We're not killing her." Nina said, her voice was shaking with fear. 

"You know what happens now don't you." 

"We are aware." 

"Yet, here you stand," The woman snapped, "Protecting her like she's your daughter." 

"We love her like one." Alexander protested, puffing out his chest to make himself look tougher than he felt. 

"Awww how sweet, such a sweet family reunion. Well, I certainly hate to break this up but I have no choice. Looks like this little reunion has to be cut short..." 

"...Avada Kedavra!" 

Mihaela covered her mouth to prevent herself from screaming, she saw that flash of green light hit her parents. Nina and Alexander laid on the ground, motionless. The woman disapparated and Mihaela ran to her parents, looking at them, their eyes were open. Mihaela closed them out of respect and felt like crying, Aurora continued to look around in confusion as her mother screamed out in pain. 

It wasn't fair

She had just gotten them back and now they were gone. 

"It's not fair," Mihaela cried, "It's just not fair!"

She stayed there beside the dead couple for awhile, mourning and crying for her parents. 

...........

Mihaela sat in her classroom for the remainder of the weekend, she finished grading although it took a good few hours since she kept zoning out and forgetting what she was doing. She was called into Dumbledore's office and for 30 minutes, they discussed everything. The Headmaster did most of the talking because she just stared at her lap, letting tears run down her cheek. 

"Thank you Headmaster," Mihaela bowed her head and left his office. She went back down the hallway of Hogwarts. 

"Hey Professor!" A few 1st years waved and smiled. The professor waved back but didn't smile, she didn't feel like it. Once she got to her chambers, she took out her wand. 

"Expecto... Patronum..." 

Nothing. Nothing came out of her wand, no leopard, no silver stream, nothing. She tried to think of Lucius and try again. 

"Expecto... Patronum." 

Nothing. 

She thought of her daughter and her students.

"Expecto Patronum." 

Still nothing, Mihaela sat on her bed and wrapped a blanket around her cold body. She didn't have any happy memories, first Sirius was taken from her, then Lucius was sent to Azkaban, now her parents. Her only living family left in the world were dead, she believed it was her fault. 

"If I hadn't been born, then they'd still be alive. Lucius wouldn't be in prison, Sirius wouldn't be dead...." 

"This is all my fault...."