Chapter 9-Promise bracelets

(time and day check- Saturday 9:35)

(Nobody's pov-)

It was a normal day today boring really, but zen just remembered that it almost had been a month since she moved here and met Lizzie time flies so fast which means Lizzie and Zen had been friends for a month. So she said to zen said to herself "it's has been already a month since I moved here, time flies so fast" she sighed "you know what why not bring Lizzie here for a little celebration and show her my surprise, yeah I'm gonna do that" so before you ask what is the surprise she had been making them for aabout a week and has just finished making them. Zen is really good at art she's just lazy to do something but look she made Lizzie a surprise, how bizarre right!.

{Zen pov-}

I had just gotten to Lizzie's house and I rang the doorbell,Lizzie opened it I was a bit startled but told her what I wanted to do. Anyways she agreed and we're on the way to my house now, wen we arrived we got to the kitchen because I told her I want to prepare for a little something, hopefully she knows that it's our first month being friend's. "Okay so now that we are here, zen tell me what are we gonna cook." Lizzie said "we are gonna cook turon." I said.

(I'm just gonna put the conversation part here I kinda got confused sorry:))

L:what is turon?

Z: it's an afternoon snack in the Philippines it's made with bananas:), it's my favorite I'm sure you'll like it😏.

L:okay I'm expecting it to be good, I trust you.

Z:look here little lady I know what I'm doing plus you are gonna help me, whether you like it or not.

L:wait before we start are you like half Asian something?

Z:yeah actually I'm half Filipino my mom is one and dad is just american.so can we start now?

L: yeah, and that explains so much you have to teach me some Tagalog words sometimes:)

Z:haha😅 okay now let's start we are peeling the banana's first come on.

L:okay let's start!!!

And so we started cutting the banana's then after we finished cutting the banana's I went to the pantry to get what I needed. I only needed sugar and some wraps and water. I putted the water in a little bowl and did the same to the sugar so later I can sprinkle it.

"Now we can start assembling them" I said to Lizzie "okay let's start this I'm so excited!" She said god I love this girl so much she's so fudging cute I can keep her in my arms and never let go:)

"Okay so we start by placing one sheet of the wrapper, then we sprinkle some sugar just a little, then we add the banana's 2 pieces every turon, then we add more sugar this time more, like they say the more the merrier:) okay after that we fold the sides then the top leaving the bottom part so we can put water on the edge, just tap you're finger in the water then just brush it at the end part then we roll it to seal it and done." And we just keep repeating these steps and after about 30 minutes we finished and made 35 turon pieces it seems like a lot but it's actually just perfect amount since we had to share them to our families after that I heated the stove with the pan and some oil I waited a couple minutes for the oil to be hot, when it was hot enough I fried one first the add a 2 and 3rd one I flipped them after about 1 minute of frying and I waited 1 and a half before putting them in the rack to take some of the excess oil, after about an hour and a half if frying them I got some condensed milk at the fridge opened it and put in a container and played the turon so we can finally eat, we let it cool of first and let Lizzie take the honor's of eating the first bite she dipped it in the condensed milk and she took a bite of it and damn the crunch was loud and her reaction was priceless she even clapped I laughed at her cuteness and eated too her face was like this.