Chapter 25- Lola and Lolo

Zen's pov-

Looking at my home in the Philippines, I realized how much it's still pretty much the same with the greeneries  surrounding the house.

My grandma and grandpa who I call Lola and Lolo awaits at the front door, I ran straight to them and hugged them both while the both kissed my forehead.

Although I had to lower myself a little since I'm taller than my grandma now,
"Ang tangkad mo na apo" (your so tall now my grandkid) my grandma told me Wich I chuckled to.

"Lola don't flatter me too much" seeing them this happy to see me kind of distracted me from Lizzie.

"Pasok na Tayo banta Maka pangan tana ngan-" (let's all go inside now so that we can all eat) "si Lola mo nagluto ng paborito mo" (your grandma cooked your favorite) my lolo said with a smile, "okay lo pasok na Tayo ano pang hinihintay natin!" (Okay grandpa, let's go inside what are we waiting for!).

I quickly got my shoes off and went inside seeing the dining table filled with fruits, rice and different main dishes.

My favorite was indeed in there, it was chicken barbecue but my grandma's recipe not like the others. And I love it.

Lunch was filled with catching up with them, I also did end up telling Lizzie about them. They felt sorry and said that someday I'll get back there and find her.

-

After we all ate I volunteered to wash the dishes Wich took a while since my grandma was saying that she should was them instead, but I told her to just talk with the other elders in the living room with their coffees in hand.

If you didn't know drinking coffee in the Philippines even if it's in the burning heat is pretty normal.

"Ma I'm going up now so I can sort out my things and maybe get some sleep" I say to my mom and wave to the rest of my family and got upstairs to my old room here.

It's pretty spacious since I do have the biggest room here in my grandma and grandpa's house, I got pretty luck to be honest.

I started unpacking my stuff on the floor one by one.

-

I got done unpacking and putting them in my closet at about 8:00pmeaning it's dinner time, as I look around I noticed I forgot a picture that's laying on my bed.

Grabbing it I saw that it's the picture of me and Lizzie with the swan frame, I smile sadly at it and carresed Lizzie's face that brought a tear to my face.

I quickly wiped it hearing my dad call me down for dinner.

-

Opening my door I was instantly hit by the smell of kare-kare, it's a dish cooked with peanut butter, various types of vegetable and some meat too.

It's very delicious, especially the sauce with the rice, your in for a treat.

"Kare kare it is, thank you Lola for cooking an amazing dish for today" I smiled as I went over her and kisses her cheek before I took a seat and watched as my Lola put the bowl full with kare kare on the dining table waiting for us to devour it.

"Mhm mhm mhm" I hummed as I took my first bite instantly feeling like I was in heaven, "still delicious as ever" I squeeked and continued eating while the rest of my family chuckled at my reaction.

The rest of the day was spent with laughter and chatter also a movie night.

_________________________________________

(Just a little filler chapter before the big time jump:) be safe everyone-xy out:))