Sayo x Male Reader

Requested by eirhonjanpalugod

Location - Edogawa Music Shop

Your POV

Hi there, my name is (Y/N) (L/N), and I have something to say about myself. Well, I'm not exactly the most interesting person on the planet. Whenever I try to talk to people, they would just walk away from me, like I did something wrong to them. I don't know why, though.

However, there is one thing I enjoy doing more than anything: playing the guitar. Except, I only do street performances. I'm not confident enough to go up on stage and perform in front of millions of people.

Today, my guitar strings were broken and wore down from the last time I used the guitar, so I went over to the music shop to buy more guitar strings. I did my best to look for them, but I couldn't find them anywhere.

"Guitar strings... Guitar strings... where are they?"

As I was looking around, I ended up bumping into someone. It was a girl with long teal hair. She and I made eye contact with each other, and I had this strange feeling that I have seen her somewhere before.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you like that." I said.

"Oh, don't worry about it." The girl replied. "Just make sure to pay attention next time."

"Y-Yeah, I'll do just that."

Just then, I was able to find the guitar strings I was looking for. However, this was the last set. I wanted it, but I can tell that the girl wanted it more, so I took it out and gave it to her.

"Here you go. You wanted this, right?" I asked.

"I mean, I do, but you wanted that as well, right?"

"Yeah, but it's okay. It sounds like you needed this more than I do."

The girl smiled at me.

"Thank you. I'll make sure to repay you later."

"Yeah, no problem at all."
______________________________________

A week later...

Location - Station Entrance

It did felt good to give that girl the last package of the guitar strings, but this meant I couldn't play the guitar for a while. Lucky for me that Edogawa got a new shipment of guitar strings the next day, and I was able to replace them right away.

Once that I was taken care of, I went back outside to do more street performance. My goal was to see that girl again, because something about her looked familiar. I figured if I continue to my street performances, I might run into her again.

However, it's been a week since then, and I have not seen her once. I figured she might be busy with her own life to come outside. But I couldn't be more wrong...

"Oh, it's you again."

I looked up and saw that it was her.

"Oh, hi there." I said. "Fancy running into you here."

"Yeah, likewise." She said, then looked down a little. She was staring at my guitar.

"I didn't know you play the guitar."

"Yeah, I've been playing it for the last three years now." I said.

"Is that so? Then do you mind showing what you can do?" She asked.

"Sure, but I should introduce myself first. My name is (Y/N) (L/N)." I said and held out my hand.

"Nice to meet you, (Y/N)-kun. My name is Hikawa Sayo." She said and we shook hands. So her name is Sayo, huh? That's a wonderful name. 

"Wait, your last name is Hikawa, right?" 

"Yeah, it is. Why?"

"You wouldn't happen to know Hikawa Hina by any chance, do you?" I asked.

"I do actually." Sayo replied. "She's my twin sister."

"Twin sister, huh? I guess I can see that."

"Now then, can I see what you can do with the guitar?"

"Oh, sure thing."

Sayo and I began to sit down at a nearby bench and I was tuning my guitar. This was the first time someone asked me to see how I play the guitar, and honestly, I was a nervous wreck. I started playing the guitar, and when I was done, Sayo could sense what went wrong.

"I could tell how nervous you were." She said.

"Oh, was I?" 

"Yes. If you want, we can meet up tomorrow, and we can practice the guitar together." She suggested and smiled at me.

"Really? You don't mind?"

"I suppose. I don't normally do this sort of thing, but with you, I think I can make an exception."

Sayo and I smiled at each other, and I agreed to let her play guitar alongside me. This is the first time I'm sharing my passion with the guitar with anyone, and if I'm being honest here, I'm glad that person is Hikawa Sayo.

The end

A/N: Thank you for reading this one-shot. I hope you guys liked it, and I'll see you in the next one. :)