Arisa x Mute Male Reader

[Word count - 788]

Requested by LightTempezuki

Your POV

Hi there, my name is (Y/N) (L/N). I am a third year high school student who attends to a private school, and to be honest, it is the best thing that has ever happened to me. At my school, it's probably the most friendliest place you'll ever here about. All the students and teachers know each other, and no matter what, everyone is always in the loop about something, regardless on what was said. Indeed, everyone there was like a second family to me, and I couldn't be happier.

However, there was one thing that always bothered me. I am unable to speak. That's right, I am a mute. I've been a mute for as long as I can remember. Thankfully, my classmates and teachers don't bully me for me, but still... it'd be nice if I wasn't referred to as the mute student.

As I continued down this sad path of mine, I encountered a girl who felt sorry for me, even though I keep telling her it was fine. It was sweet of her to care, though.

This is where our story begins...
_____________________________________________

Location - Shopping Mall

Today is the weekend, and I had the whole day to myself because my friends were busy. It was disappointing, but it is what it is. I walked out of the movie theater after watching a really good movie. It really hit me in the feels.

As I tried to make my way out of the mall, I got lost in my thoughts and accidentally bumped into someone.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!"

I looked at the person I bumped into. It was a girl with blonde hair and light brown eyes.  I wanted to say something to her, but I couldn't for two obvious reasons. One, I couldn't speak in general. Two, she looks like she was about to explode.

"Aren't you going to say sorry?!"

I acted quickly and grabbed a pen and paper, and wrote something on it. I showed it to her.

Sorry. I wasn't paying attention.

The girl looked very confused by this.

"Why are you writing out your apology?" She asked as she raised an eyebrow.

I wrote something different, and showed it to her.

I've been unable to talk since childhood.

With that, her mood began to soften.

"Oh, so you're a mute, huh? Sorry, I had no idea."

I wrote again, and show her...

Don't worry about it. I'm used to being a mute by now.

"You're used to it, huh? I see..."

I can tell that the girl feels bad for me, but to be honest, she doesn't have to be. As I said before, I've been dealing with this my whole life, so people can say all the mean things they want, it's not going to bother me.

Things between us stayed silent for a moment before the girl spoke again.

"Anyway, if it's okay with you, do you think I can learn your name?"

I took my pen and paper, and wrote down my name for the girl to see.

(Y/N) (L/N)

"(Y/N), huh? Well, it's nice to meet you. My name is Ichigaya Arisa." The girl said as she politely introduced herself to me.

So, her name is Arisa, huh? That is a nice name for someone as lovely as her. I decided to write it down, and tell her.

That's a nice name.

Arisa gave me a confused look.

"Huh? You like my name?"

I nodded, but then, Arisa started to blush then looked away.

"It's not that nice, but umm... thanks, I guess."

I was wondering why Arisa got so embarrassed over a complement like that, but then I realize something... she must be one of those tsunderes I have seen in various animes. What are the chances that I would see one in real life?

After another moment of silence, Arisa's phone started to vibrate. She looked at it, and let out a sigh.

"Ugh... that Kasumi..."

I tilted my head in confusion.

"Forgive me, but I should get going. My friend is waiting for me."

I understood and nodded to her. Arisa started walking away, but she looked back at me and said...

"It was nice to meet you, and... hopefully one day, you'll be able to speak."

I watched Arisa walked away as her words echoed inside my head... she hopes to hear me speak one day... That is something we can both agree on, huh?

The end

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)

Next book to update: The Music of Destiny