Chapter Sixteen

*Livia's POV*

I was sitting next to baby Esme and colouring the drawings when my future phone buzzed.

I answered and smiled at the hologram of my boyfriend.

"Don't tell Dawn I'm awake!" Was the first thing he said. I giggled at him. His hair was messy and he was holding a strange device in his hand.

"Okay," I told him. "But what's that?"

"This, my dear is the thing that can help my existence." Levi said proudly and I raised my brow at him.

"Details, please?"

"Right, when I activate this mechanism, it will awake my witch potential fully and I'll be able to use my powers that I got from my mom and grandmother." He explained to me.

"But you can already use your powers, why use that mechanism?" I asked him confusedly.

Levi sighed. "Because, it's not enough. I can't help you with bits of sparks of magic."

"You're already a big help with your science, love and support. You just have to be patient. Aunt Lena told you, it look a long time until she perfected her magical skills." I tried to assured him and he pouted.

"Patient was never my thing." He said grumpily and looked away.

"He looks like a teddy bear!" Esme exclaimed when she looked closer at the hologram.

"Hi E!" Levi greeted cheerfully and waved his hand.

"You know me? That's wierd." Esme uttered in confusion and I chuckled.

"You'll meet him later, in future. He isn't born, yet." Now, she looked even confused.

"How is he talking if he's not born yet? Are you a soul? You look like one." She furrowed her eyebrows and Levi and I laughed at her actions.

"No, no, Esme. Hi is from the future like I am. We'll be born few years later. You'll be like our older sister." I explained to her and she nodded.

"But right now you look like my older sister." She pointed out and I shook my head.

"This Esme is cute but older her is really bossy." Levi remarked.

"Now that I remember, how is she? Have you guys been able to leave Central City?" I turned to him and he shook his head in disapproval.

"We're stuck in S.T.A.R. Labs. Dawn has strict rules, we're not supposed to leave this place and we also are not supposed to wake up until you or she calls." He rolled his eyes. "I mean I get it. The Flash also has strict rules about time travelling and what we're doing is beyond dangerous and she wants to keep us safe but we can't help if we're stuck here asleep all the time."

I sighed. "I know, but I trust Dawn. She's being cautious. Even slightest mistake can alter out timeline and erase us forever. And the fact that timeline's already trying to make us vanish isn't helping. I know Dawn feels this too. I may have regained my powers after the time sleep but that can't stop all of this."

"We have to be patient, I know our plan will work. And I'm hanging up because I agree with Dawn, you're supposed to be sleeping now!" I added and he smiled.

"Alright. I'll freeze like freaking statue again. But I miss you." He said tenderly and I wished I was there to hug him.

"Me too. Bye, now." I smiled and after he said goodbye too, I hung up.

"You guys are cute." Esme told me and I ruffled her hair and smiled.

*Third Person's POV*

Kara was having brunch with Lena at their favourite place. They haven't had one since Livia arrived and both of them needed rest from all this crisis and future stuff.

"So, how have you been?" Lena asked her best friend while eating salad.

"I have no idea. Counting the time travel, crisis on the earth and Mon-El being back, it's all overwhelming. Honestly, I don't even know how I think straight." Kara answered.

Lena chuckled. "Yeah, it's kinda hard but I thought you would be used to it since the past crisis."

"Yes and it was meant to be the last crisis. And future daughter time travel is a new for me." She took a sip of the water. "I just don't know what to think or feel."

"That's understandable. What did you feel when you first saw her?"

"I thought this was some trick. Then I saw her powers and the resemblance was clear too. At some point, I was glad that there was a future for me. A future where I've created my own family. But I was also worried that I weren't good enough to be her mother. Revealing my identity was a biggest challenge and relief. When I did that I didn't know or think that I would marry and have a child. But know that I think of it, it would've been hard for Liv to live like that. She told people excepted more and more from her because she was my daughter. And I hate the fact that she didn't have a choice. She was forced to became a superhero early." She held her tears.

"Are you sure she didn't want to help people? I saw her fight, I saw her run and save people and I was sure she was doing it genuinely." Lena said to her.

"Yes, of course she wanted to help people. She's so humble and kind. I'm just worried that she didn't have enough time to think about as she was forced to risk her life like that. But she also said that people learned to love her as Power Girl and not as Supergirl's daughter. I'm really proud of her." Kara smiled at the memory of her daughter and Lena squeezed her hand.

"Mother instincts are kickin' in you. It suits you." She told Kara who smiled gently.

They talked for a while until Lena asked her something that caused her to fall in thoughts.

"What do you feel about Mon-El? As he's back now."

Kara stumbled on her thoughts for a minute. Then she sighed and answered. "I'm honestly feeling much better since he came back. I'm not sure what I feel exactly but I know he has good effect on me. But of course, it's not only about what I feel. I don't know what he's thinking. I'm not even sure if I have feelings for him but I know I love him as a person and how he is." She spoke truthfully and Lena smiled warmly at her. "What about you? You have a son in the future!"

"I was surprised when I found out. I am so occupied with my witchly powers and restarting the L Corp that I didn't even have a time to think about starting a family. Livia told me I married a man name Liam. I don't know anyone with that name." She chuckled but her tone was a little bitter. "I just don't see myself being happily married and raising a son. But that doesn't mean I don't want it."

Kara squeezed her hand. "Lena, you deserve to be happy, and you will be." She smiled gently and Lena returned the gesture.