Chapter Nineteen

*Third Person's POV*

"Don't you think you were a little harsh?" Gwen asked as she approached Barry and Caitlin who seemed to be in a horrible state.

"What?" Barry said, his voice halfly heard.

"I'm just saying you were way too harsh on her." She shrugged. "She's been through a lot." She added.

Caitlin sighed and said. "We understand that, Barry and I just got mad because she didn't think about her safety."

"Yes, I understand that but what uncle Barry said wasn't fair. If she didn't decide to time travel you wouldn't even have a slightest chance to win the crisis." She sat down next to them.

"Believe me, I know her since the day I was born and she's always been the one to protect everyone. You gotta respect her a little." Gwen explained to them and Barry shook his head and stood up.

"We need to find her." Barry and Caitlin said in unison and and Gwen chuckled.

"Always working simultaneously." She smiled at them and stood up as well.

"Could you possibly know were she is?" Barry asked quietly and Gwen shook her head.

"I don't. She has her special place but it's better if you leave her by her self. She needs some time to sort things out. But be sure, she'll be coming with me in our timeline for some time. A little break would be just alright for her." Gwen spoke and walked out of the side room.

"I hurt her, didn't I?" Barry fell on the chair as his hands flew in his face.

"Barry, it's alright. We'll figure things out. But we have to make sure she'll be safe." Caitlin walked to him and rubbed his shoulder. He gazed at her gratefully and then sighed.

"First, Iris and now Dawn." He lowered his head.

"What happened with Iris?" She asked him in confusion.

"We argued. She said she fell out of love." He mumbled.

"What?" She looked at him. "Is that why she's away for so long?" Caitlin asked sadly.

"Yeah, but she's also building up her career there. She told me she'll move out there after we divorce.

"You guys are getting a divorce?!" She exclaimed but then quieted down as she saw Barry's broken expression.

Caitlin couldn't believe that Barry and Iris, the couple that been through a lot were getting a divorce.

"Are you both sure with your decision?" She asked gently and pulled a chair to sit next to him.

"There's nothing much that I can do. I can't force her to be with me. Iris doesn't love me anymore and I think that's one or the reasons why she wasn't really mad or sad that you and I had a daughter in the future." He said while glancing at her.

Caitlin blushed slightly. She mentally punched her self, reminding that it wasn't time to think about her and Barry's future family.

"I knew we were going to break up at some point," He continued. "But it still hurts. Dawn said Iris married someone else and had a daughter and we both were glad that we were happy in future. However, I loved her for so long that it's really painful to actually see how your marrige is falling apart."

Caitlin searched for right words in her mind. She knew she couldn't do much to comfort him but at least she would listen to him.

"I haven't gone through a divorce but I do know how painful it is to lose the love of your life." She began. "However, you shouldn't let the anger and sadness get through you. It's good that Iris was being honest with you. I know this hurts very much but it will go away, you'll move past this, slowly but surely you'll feel better. It'll be here and help if you'll ever need it." She smiled tenderly and Barry's warm and grateful smile was enough for her heart to feel with warmth.

"Thank you, Caitlin." He said to her softly and Caitlin's smile became bigger.

~Few Hours Later~

Dawn woke up to see the sun rising, the rays of sunshine hitting her eyes and motioning her to wake up.

She straitened to up see the city calm and quiet, only few cars and people passing by. She slowly stood up and the realisation hit her.

She disappeared for whole night! Her parents and family must be worried sick!

Oh she would be in so much trouble when she would go back.

"Mom's gonna get super mad." She mumbled and then remembered the yesterday's events. "But dad's far more angry."

The alone time on the rooftop made her understand what her parents were mad at and what she needed to figure out.

Dawn also realised that she couldn't do this alone and she needed to wake Ronnie up and explain everything properly. He deserved to know, after all Barry's was his father too and if anyone wanted to save him as much as she did it would be her brother.

She was going to run away but couldn't do it.

"What in the world?" She mumbled confusedly and tried to run with her super speed again. Still no change.

"Did I just lose my speed?!" She started to freak out.

"Alright Dawn, calm down, mom will figure out what's going on with you." She told her self and started to walk all the way to S.T.A.R. Labs.

"How do this people walk so slowly?!" She complained while jogging in the street.

For someone who has been using super speed for almost all her life, it was kinda hard to just walk, like a normal person.

Whilst she darted in the streets, she remembered that Gwen must've left and she missed the chance to spend time with her best friend. She looked at her phone but the battery was dead.

It took her an hour to arrive at S.T.A.R. Labs, seeing as no one was there, she touched the emergency button which would send a signal to her family members.

In an instant Barry and Caitlin were standing in front of her.

"Dawn!" They both exclaimed in relief and rushed to her and pulled her in a tight embrace. Both of them had tears in their eyes and as Caitlin couldn't hold them anymore she burst into tears.

"I'm sorry, mom and dad." She wishpered and hugged them back.

"No, I'm sorry, I was too harsh on you." Barry said, his expression and tone full of guilt.

"I'm sorry too, honey." Caitlin tightened her hug and Dawn did the same as she missed actually being so close to her parents, like they were in the future.

"I love you guys." Dawn whispered.

"We love you too." Barry and Caitlin said back.