Chapter Twenty

*Third Person's POV*

Dawn was sitting at Caitlin's apartment in blankets, sneezing all the time.

"I'm sick, mom!" She complained which meant Caitlin was supposed to be at her side all the time.

"You're a doctor too, Dawn." Her mother told her whilst walking from the kitchen with a cup of tea.

"I'm not doctor when it comes to my sickness. Where are aunt Frost and Gwen?" She questioned and took the cup which Caitlin gave her.

"They're in S.T.A.R. Labs while I'm here listening to your non-stop complaints." She sat down on the sofa.

"I'm your daughter, you're not supposed to protest staying with me." Dawn pouted and crossed her arms.

"I'm not. I'm just hinting that you should stop complaining and drink the medicine that I gave you." Caitlin winked.

"I lost my speed and now this?!" Dawn exclaimed and threw her hands in frustration.

"Alright, you caught a cold because you were sleeping on a rooftop and the speed is because you didn't tell us about your condition. If you said something earlier we would've been able to maintain your speed and timeline wouldn't cause you to lose it." Caitlin talked while moving her hands to explain.

"I hate it when you make a point." Her daughter grumbled.

Caitlin's phone started buzzing and she grabbed it to check.

"Look, your dad's calling!" She smiled and answered the call.

"Hey, Barry." She said.

"Hey, Cait. How's Dawn?" He asked from the other side of the line.

"She's alright, just a little dramatic." Caitlin chuckled and Dawn rolled her eyes.

"I'm not being dramatic! I'm sick and I need lots of attention from my parents." She protested.

"You heard her, right?" Caitlin smirked. "She's been acting like this for whole morning. A little help would be nice."

"Mom's hinting you shoud come over!" Dawn called and Caitlin blushed and threw a pillow at her.

"Ouch, mom!" She mocked the hurt expression and then burst into laughter.

"I'd love to come but something came up in CCPD and I'm going there. I'll visit after that. Do you want me to bring something?"

"Big Belly Burgers, please!" Dawn yelled.

"One for me too, please." Caitlin added.

"You got it!" Barry said and then they hung up.

*Dawn's POV*

I'm not supposed to catch a cold! Seriously!

I'm a metahuman. I have super speed.

Oh right, I had super speed.

I suppose that explains why I'm got sick.

My speed's gone so that means Gwen and I aren't goung back in the future.

Gwen decided to stay and go with me in the future but as I lost my speed we can't go back there and we can't open a breach so we're stuck here.

And that means Ronnie has to sleep for a little longer.

"Dawn, can you open the door? I'm kinda busy!" My mom called from the kitchen.

"Sure!" I stood up and walked to the door. "Hi daddy!" I greeted cheerful but then flew my hand towards my mouth as I coughed.

"Hi, Dawn. Did you drink you medications?" He asked and came inside.

"Yeap, but I'm still sick." I muttered and grabbed my napkin. Dad smiled apologetically and walked in the kitchen to greet mom.

I sat down on the couch that has become my bed since I've caught a cold. I opened the bags and took out the Big Belly Burger.

"If you don't come here quickly I'm gonna start eating!" I told them and mom and dad came to sit next to me with a chuckle.

"So, what's going on at our base?" I asked dad.

"Well, there were few emergencies in the city. Gwen helped out and then she told your friend Andre about your condition. He said he'll work on improving your band that Gwen gave you and send an update so it will trick timeline into thinking that you disappeared." Barry informed her.

"Wow, that's a lot. But at least I'll have my speed back. Honestly, I don't even know how people even live without it! It gets so frustrating!" I complained.

"Welcome to my world." Mom grumbled and Dad and I laughed.

~Few Days Later~

"Can anyone get me some hot-dog?!" Uncle Cisco yelled grumpily while spinning in the chair.

"Sorry, I'm slower then the bus!" I called from the med lab. Mom and I were working on something. "Better tell dad!"

"Can't, he's busy saving people from the burning building!"

"I' am?" Dad who just came in cortex with bags in his hands said.

"Then who is?" Cisco asked in confusion. Mom and I walked out of the lab and looked at the screen.

"Wally?" My mom suggested.

"No, that's not him." Cisco frowned.

My heart clenched at the thought that I might know who that person is. "I-" I was about to say when an yellow lighting appeared in the cortex.

I took a good look at the person only to gasp. Tears started to form in my eyes as I tried to say something but no use.

At last I managed to say in cracked voice. "Ronnie?"

My brother turned at me, glaring. He touched my shoulder and both of us appeared on one of the rooms of S.T.A.R. Labs.

"We have a lot to talk!" He almost yelled and my heart clenched. I took a deep breath and got ready to talk with my furious brother.

Ronnie's here!