Chapter Thirty-Five

*Third Person's POV*

Iris made her way towards the med lab, hoping to find Caitlin there. She did find her there, placing her stuff on the shelf.

Iris cleared her throat which cause Caitlin to flinch. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you." She apologized.

"No, it's alright. I was just too focused on this stuff." She offered her a small smile which Iris returned.

"So, aren't you gonna tell me how your date went?" She asked and Caitlin sighed.

"It wasn't a date, it was-"

"Not-so-date. Yeah, we know. Now tell us about that!" Frost snapped and Iris and Caitlin both shrieked, non of them noticed Frost's arrival.

"How did you- Oh whatever! You already know that the not-so-date got busted, nothing to tell." She tried to wave them off but Iris and Frost were being very persistent.

"Alright, alright, I'll tell you." She gave up and glared at her friends slightly. "After you insisted on me going out with Barry, I agreed to go on a not-so-date. He had a reservation for us in a really nice restaurant but then a meta attack happened and Barry had to leave. He fought the meta while I evacuated people out. While leaving the meta noticed me and Barry was helping a person who got stuck under the car so that's how that villain managed to wound me. I held pain until Barry took care of him and when he stopped him Barry rushed me here. You guys then left and he helped me tend my wound. We stayed here for the whole night, talked, watched a movie and in the morning he took me to in L.A to another not-so-date. We even met a celebrity." She finished.

"And I know that's not all!" Frost nudged her to continue.

"Yes, when we got here he teased me on something and got me mad. That's all!" Caitlin declared.

"Barry can sometimes be a real dork." Iris shook her head with a laugh.

"You mean jerk." Caitlin rolled her eyes. Iris and Frost wanted to ask more questions but Dawn and Gwen arrived in the cortex so they stopped.

"Hey, don't stop on our account. We are as curious as you guys are!" Gwen taunted but the three woman shook their head.

"No future kids allowed." Frost told them and the duo pouted.

"Whatever." Dawn rolled her eyes. "We're bored. Do you have anything for us to do?"

"Yes, chores." Frost responded and the girls groaned. "Don't act like that, you two lost a bet and now you have to do all the chores for whole week!"

"This is exactly how she makes me do the chores at home!" Gwen pouted again. "I don't even know how she wins the bets!"

"Stop complaining, you guys have chores to do." Her mother pointed out and Dawn sped them off in few seconds.

"Kids." Frost groaned and Iris and Caitlin chuckled. "How did you manage to win the bet?" Her sister asked her.

"I have my ways." She responded shortly, indicating that she wouldn't give away it.

The three woman stayed in Caitlin's lab for a while, until Barry arrived in the cortex with a cute little bunny toy and coffees from Starbucks. Iris and Frost shared knowning looks and left the two alone.

"I'm not talking to you." Caitlin told him right after he greeted her.

Barry just laughed and walked up to her lab. "That doesn't mean you can't have a coffee with me." He smirked and Caitlin rolled her eyes.

"Coffee has nothing to do with you." She said. "Don't tell me you want all the way to L.A. for this." She gave him a questioning look.

"Yeah, I did but that doesn't matter. Look what I brought." He showed her the bunny and Caitlin took it.

"The bunny that we won?" She smiled at the cute toy and placed it on her desk.

"Exactly. I'm sure she won't like it if you'll still be mad at me." He gave her a cute look which Caitlin couldn't resist.

"Fine, but you have to get me cinnamon rolls." She cracked a smile as Barry sped off with a wide grin. He came back in a minute with cinnamon rolls and cookies in his hands.

"Thank you, mr Allen." She smiled fondly.

"You're welcome, dr Snow." He smiled back.

"Mom, I forgot to ask you-" Dawn who just appeared stopped on her tracks at the sight of her parents. "Oops, sorry." She smiled awkwardly.

"No, no, it's fine." Barry assured her. "Did you want something?"

"Yeah, I wanted to ask mom- Hey isn't that my bunny?" She grabbed the toy that was on Caitlin's desk.

"Your bunny?" Caitlin asked in suprise.

"Yes, the one that you gave me on my birthday. Oh, but I suppose it's not mine, yet. Sorry again." She scratched the back of her neck. "I'll just ask you and the leave. Were did you put the books that I've brought? You know the ones that I've told you was about the future."

"Oh, they're in my room in the drawer." Her mother responded and Dawn left after thanking her.

"Future books?" Barry questioned while pulling the chair to sit next to her.

"Mm-hmm." Caitlin hummed.

"What are they about?"

"I don't know. Dawn forbade me to read about them. But I catched a name of one of them. I think it was about the crisis."

"That damv thing." Barry groaned. "Oliver sacrificed his self and now we're facing another crisis?! It's ridiculous!"

Caitlin knew how he felt but there wasn't anything they could do. Instead, she told him."Yes, but this way we can honor Oliver, fight for him."

Barry's face softened. "That, is worth for fighting."

Snow smiled at him and squeezed his hand lightly. "What do you say if we go watch the new movie? Cisco's been bugging me to watch it, we can invite him."

"Like and OG Team Flash?" He grinned.

"Like and OG Team Flash." Caitlin repeated with an equal grin.