Chapter Twenty-Three

*Third Person's POV*

"Rise and shine!" Barry yelled whilst barging in his daughter's room. "It's time for you to wake up!"

Dawn groaned loudly and slowly opened her eyes. "One of the things I hate the most is being woken up." She scowled and sat up.

"Sorry not sorry, but we're going to be late if you won't get ready now!" He pulled off the curtains and smiled at the sight of the city.

"Late to where? And I'm a speedster, remember? I get can ready in mere seconds." Dawn pointed out irritatedly.

"To shopping! We're having guests." He said, completely ignoring the second statement Dawn said.

"I'm too sleepy to ask you anything." She grumbled and stood up to get ready. "Would love if you let me get ready."

"Ops, sorry, I'm out." Barry smiled sheepishly and dashed out of the room.

"How does he have so much energy in the morning?!" She wondered, definitely annoyed be it.

In few seconds Dawn was physically ready for shopping but not mentally.

"Who are the guests?" She asked her father when she approached him in the kitchen.

"That's a surprise." Barry answered and motioned her to eat the waffles that he made.

"Alright, but you do sound wierd." She shrugged.

"I won't make any comment." Barry rolled his eyes. "Do you want to buy anything? I'll add it in the list."

Dawn snorted. "List? Wow dad, you're acting like mom."

"I believe Caitlin's ways are quite handful. I always forget to buy something on shopping." He responded with a sheepish smile.

"Yes, that has happened many times in the future." Dawn agreed with a little chuckle.

In few hours Barry and Dawn came back from shopping. Whilst doing that they managed to stop robbery in the mall and also get Big Belly Burger for the rest of the team.

Once they arrived at home Barry set to the kitchen to make dinner while Dawn was left to clean the house.

"I have no idea why we're doing this." She complained even though she tided the whole house in mere seconds.

"Because we're having special guests." Her father emphasized. Dawn just grumbled in response and went to her room to change. It was almost six and she was told their guests where coming by that time.

As she finished, she heard the doorbell ring and Dawn rushed to open the door. She was a little excited to know who their guests were.

She opened the door to see her mother and brother standing in the doorway. Caitlin was smiling sweetly and Ronnie seemed like he was literally brought here.

"Hi, mom and Ronnie?" She greeted in surprised tone. In a second her father was standing beside her, motioning their guests to come inside. They exchanged few polite words, complimented Barry's new apartment and then Caitlin and Ronnie sat near the table while Barry left to bring food. Dawn walked up to him and gared slightly. "You didn't tell me Ronnie was coming!" She whisper-yelled. "You know we're not on speaking terms!"

"That's exactly why he's here along with yout mother. Besides, can't we have a family gathering?" He asked innocently and Dawn fought the urge roll her eyes.

"In that case you shouldn't said guests. They're family. Whatever you and mom have in mind, it's not gonna work!" She hissed and walked to the table. She knew her parents have probably pland something out but knowing her and Ronnie, if anyone was going to make them talk to each other it would be her and Ronnie.