Cheater

Luke: "Sorry ma'am, your card has been declined." The waitress says as she hands you back your debit card. You sigh and take it from her, writing a check as you slap it down on the table. That was the third time today that your card had been declined! You only hoped it was declined because the registers had something going on with them, but here you were; leaving a restaurant that you were pissed off to even be at with a useless card and a broken heart. Your boyfriend had told you to meet him at that specific restaurant at the specific time you were there; but he was nowhere to be found, and you were close to killing him once you got home. You trudged into the apartment, laying your purse and coat on the living room floor along with your shoes; feeling too tired and drained to worry about picking your things up just yet. "Luke! You little prick, I've got a bone to pick with you!" you yell down the hall as you continue your walk to your shared bedroom, stopping half-way down the hall once you heard him on the phone with someone. "What? That's all she had left in the bank! She's definitely gonna know something's going on now." He takes a breath and sighs. "No, I'm not mad, babe. Just make sure you put some money back in the bank soon, before she tries to use her card. Okay. I love you too. Bye." You didn't cry, but you didn't leave your place in the hall. You were angry, not sad. You were going to figure out what was going on, and you were going to figure out now.

Ashton: It was rainy outside, and you were nervous because Ashton hadn't returned home from Calum's house yet. The roads were getting bad and you didn't want him driving on them, so you decided to just call him and tell him it'd be best if he just slept over at Calum's instead of worrying about coming back home. You picked up your phone and dialed Ashton's number, but he didn't answer either time you called. Giving up on him, you called Calum and let out a sigh of relief as he answered on the third ring. "Hello, (Y/N)!" he chirps through the phone, making you chuckle. "Hey, Cal. Is Ashton still there?" you ask him. There was a silence on the other line for a few minutes, making your heart pound faster at the thought of something being wrong with your boyfriend. "(Y/N), Ashton hasn't been here all day..." Calum finally answers you, causing your breath to hitch in your throat. So he'd lied to you and you had no idea where he was. Your situation kept getting better and better! "Thanks." You say into the phone before you hang up and try once again to call Ashton, this time growing angry as you hear a girl answer the phone. "Hello?" she says happily. "Hi. Who's this?" you ask through gritted teeth. "This is Sammi! Who is this?" she retorts. "This is (Y/N)..." you say slowly as you hear Ashton ask in the background who was on the phone. "Some (Y/N) chick..." she answers him, and all you can hear is a quick shuffling before Ashton is on the phone. "(Y/N)?" he asks. "Bye." Is all you say as you hang up the phone, too pissed off to think.

Calum: "This movie is just ridiculous!" you cry out with your best friend as she agrees with you, throwing popcorn at her television. You chuckle and lean up, putting popcorn bits that you'd dropped on yourself back into the bowl. Ashley turns towards you with an excited smile on her face as she crossed her legs on the couch, grabbing her phone. "(Y/N), I met someone!" she shouts out, scrolling on her phone. It was your turn to get excited as you'd turned to her, deciding to finally tell her about your relationship as well. Ashley was your best friend, and she'd also be the first to know about your and Calum's relationship. Neither one of you wanted to tell anyone yet, considering the fact that you'd only been dating for two months. You wanted to wait until you got into the third month to go public, just to give the relationship time to grow. "That's great, Ashley! I met someone, too!" you shout, giggling as she FaceTimes her boyfriend, moving so you could slide next to her to meet the lucky guy. You were so excited for Ashley; she'd never had an actual boyfriend so it was great to hear that she'd found someone she liked enough to give a chance to be her first boyfriend. Once that familiar face came onto the FaceTime, your heart shattered. Calum was the one that she'd met? "Who's that you have with you, babe?" his sleepy voice sounds through the phone as Ashley shines the camera on you. You watched as Calum's eyes grew wide, but you smiled sadly and waved. "Now who'd you meet, (Y/N)?" Ashley asks. You shake your head and move from beside her to your own spot on the couch. "No one, we actually broke up." You mutter.

Michael: He wasn't home, and it was after eleven-thirty. He'd spent way too much time with Luke today that was for sure! You got up out of bed and trudged down the stairs, opening the fridge as you grabbed yourself a bottle of water; walking with it back to the couch as you covered yourself and settled down to watch some Netflix. You grabbed your phone and texted Michael to please come home, and he instantly replied that he was stuck in traffic. It was believable, considering it was the weekend and there were all kinds of people out on the weekends; going to and from bars and strip clubs and such. You laughed to yourself as you thought it was funny how your boyfriend had only gone ten minutes down the road to one of his best friends' houses. Once the door to your apartment slammed open ten minutes later, you smiled and jumped up, running to meet your boyfriend at the door. "Baby!" you shouted into his neck as he hugged you back, laughing. Something didn't seem right, though. He smelled of women's perfume, and if you were correct, there shouldn't have been any girls with the boys today. "Where've you been?" you ask skeptically as Michael removes his arms from around you. He chuckles and shakes his head, walking over to the fridge to grab his own bottle of water. "What're you talking about? I told you I was going over to Luke's for a boys day." He questions more than answers. You shake your head and cross your arms over your chest. "Yeah, but you smell like perfume, Michael." You say through gritted teeth. He sighs and turns towards you, leaning on the counter. "You want the truth?" he asks, and you nod your head vigorously. Michael chuckles and shakes his head, walking over to you and hugging you close, leaning down to whisper in your ear, "You couldn't handle it."