Childhood Proposals/Marriage

Luke: You were sitting at the children's table at your cousin's wedding, happily munching on white wedding cake. 

"Hi," a shy boy beside you said. You examined his blue eyes and blonde hair like you did with your bug collection at home. You weren't sure but you figured this kid was your cousin's husband's cousin. 

"Hi!" 

"Your dress is pretty," he blushed. 

You giggled and picked up a handful of cake. "Want some?" 

"Okay!" And he took it from your hand and stuffed it in his face. 

"Lucas! Be careful of your tux!" A blonde woman yelled from a table nearby. 

"Okay, mom," Luke sighed. "I wanna dance. Come dance with me." You pulled the poor boy out to the dance floor and you two began moving around the dance floor, avoiding the tall adults the best a 7 and 8 year old could. The song ended and you turned your head in time to see your cousin kiss her husband. You quickly leaned in and kissed Luke. Everyone 'aw'd and Luke blushed even redder. 

"Yay! Now we're married!" You cheered.

Michael: You and Michael were in your backyard since your mom babysat him while his mom worked. The sand box had been turned into an elaborate village which included your Polly Pockets as the main population and Michael's dinosaurs as the pets. 

"Ooh! I wanna have a Polly Pocket wedding!" You smiled. You had seen Princess Diana wedding tape on TV a while ago and you wanted nothing more than to have a princess wedding like that. 

"Okay?" Michael agreed reluctantly. He didn't want you to pin him again and tie him to the tire swing for not agreeing.

A while later, all the dinos and other Pollys were lined up at a make-shift alter/flowers tied to a head band. 

"Okay, you play the guy and I'll be the girl." You instructed. After much debate if it was 'speak now and forever hold your pee' or if it was 'speak now or forever hold your tea', you and Michael made the dolls kiss. "Promise me we'll have our own Princess wedding? PROMISE?" You emphasized. Michael held up his hands in surrender. 

"Yes, I swear. I promise."

Calum: "Okay, now queue the ring bearer," you announced as your golden retriever sloppily ran down the path. Your garden wedding was going quite well, if you said so yourself. 

"Okay, now Calum!" You said. The small boy dressed in his dress-up tux matched down the aisle like your father had. It was a few days after your parent's wedding and you wanted to marry Calum so you gave him a nickel to marry you. 

"Do you take each other to have and hold in moley matromommy?" Your best friend asked. For a 5 year old, that was pretty good. 

"I do." You beamed. 

"I do too!" Calum said quickly after you. 

"The ring?" 

Calum went to the dog and untied the ring pop on the collar. "I spent the nickel you gave me on this," he whispered as if it were a FBI secret. You giggled and examined it. 

"You may now kiss your bride." You leaned down, since you were a bit taller than Calum, and kissed him. He was beet red when your parents called you in for dinner.

Ashton: You held onto Ashton as tears continued to stream down your 9 year old face. You heard your mother spit out curse words and your father break another glass. Ashton was whispering nothing's to try to drown out the yelling you had become so accustomed to but it didn't matter. 

"They got married. They're supposed to love each other," you cried into your best friend/neighbor's neck. 

"I know and I'm sorry, Y/N." 

"I don't ever want to get married. I don't wanna fight like they do," you whispered. 

Ashton lifted your chin. "What about me? Would you wanna marry me? I promise we'd never fight like that," he said with nothing but sincerity and love in his voice. 

"We can get that real life Barbie Dream house you want and we can have a puppy and I can play the guitar to you every night!" You smiled and hugged him. 

"Okay, Ashton, I'll marry you."