The Test

Luke: You were so grateful for vacations; especially when those vacations left you more time to spend at home so you could properly try for a baby like you'd promised Luke that you would. Luke had also tried to take some personal time off from recording and interviews as much as possible without upsetting the boys or his management, and the two of you had been down to business since you'd been off the past week and Luke was off every other day. You were anxious and nervous, more or so because you were worried you hadn't been reckless enough. Of course you hadn't used condoms and you'd stopped taking the pill, but what if even all of that didn't work? You were worried that even the two of you having sex without all the precautions wouldn't work and you would be going back to work soon, and your schedules would be off and you wouldn't get another perfect opportunity like you had now to try for a baby. Today was your trial day; you were going to figure out for sure if you'd been wasting your time the past two weeks. Of course, your period had only been late around five days, but you were hoping that was the supposed amount of time for a girl to miss to assume she was pregnant. You'd had your sister buy you the test, knowing how supportive she was of your decision to try and start a family with Luke; furthermore, after an hour or so of the two of you talking and discussing what life was going to be like and how extremely difficult raising a baby was going to be, she left you alone and you took the test within the hour she was gone. The results were ready and waiting for you, but you couldn't bring yourself to look at them until Luke arrived home. He had texted you about ten minutes ago and said he was on his way back, and you were starting to get even more anxious as you bit on your nails and tapped your foot impatiently. You were really hoping the results were positive, you were really hoping to become a mother to a child - you wanted nothing more than to raise a family with Luke and be the parent you'd always wanted to be. As soon as the familiar sound of the front door opened and Luke's jingling keys sounded, you were on your feet and in the bathroom. You sat on the counter next to the results and waited, and as soon as Luke entered you threw your arms around his neck and let out a breath you'd forgotten you were holding in. "Have you read it yet?" He whispered into your hair with his arms squeezing tightly around your arms, and you shook your head. "No. I wanted you to be here, so we would both know at the same time." You whispered, and Luke offered a soft smile as he nodded his head towards the counter next to you. You turned and picked up the results, your eyes scanning them as it landed on the one thing that made your heart pump faster than before. "Luke?" You called, looking up at him with tears springing in your eyes. He looked at you with wide blue eyes, a worried look upon his face. "What, (Y/N)?" Luke retorted, and you could only nod your head. "We're pregnant," You whispered as Luke embraced you, his own happy tears falling down his cheeks.

Ashton: "You do know that you've been showing all the symptoms of being pregnant," Your best friend giggled at you as you stood against the wall of the diner, waiting in line to order your lunch. You laughed aloud and shook your head, stuffing your hands into your back pockets of your jeans. "Yeah, but Ashton and I haven't had sex often enough for me to get pregnant. I mean, we said we'd try to get pregnant, but at the same time we haven't really tried any harder to get that way." You shrugged it off as if it were nothing, and perhaps it was. It was true that you'd decided to get over your fear of being a parent and that you'd try to begin a family with Ashton to make him happy, but at the same time you were still slightly glad that you two hadn't tried too much harder to get pregnant. Ashton was normally tired from writing and making music, and you were just too stressed with school and working to even want to try to have sex more than usual to get pregnant. You were still grateful that your best friend had decided to come along today while Ashton was recording to take you out as a little stress reliever in the first place; though, you weren't expecting her to bring up the fact of you and Ashton trying for a baby. "Oh come on, (Y/N). You're nauseous almost every morning, you've been craving weird foods lately, and you missed your period!" She whisper-yelled, still causing you to blush since you were in a public diner. You shivered and shook your head, stepping up in line to order your food. "Fine, if you want to see if you're right, we'll buy a test when we leave here." You rolled your eyes and ordered your food. And about an hour later, the two of you payed your bill and left out of the diner to go and buy your test. You were nervous and excited at the same time. You were over your fear of being a bad parent, and you were excited that you could have the possibility to become a mother - and you were also nervous that a human being was going to be growing inside of you and you were going to be responsible for protecting the small baby for nine months. You hoped the test was positive and negative at the same time; you were torn. Your best friend bought you two tests of two different brands, claiming that they were just to make sure in case one was false, and you were too awkward standing in public buying a pregnancy test, so you just agreed and she drove the two of you back to your and Ashton's shared apartment. You texted Ashton to let him know you'd taken both tests, and he responded that he'd be home within the hour to get the results. Your best friend was with you the entire time, holding your hands as you both waited for the tests to finish so you could check them. "Just two more minutes, (Y/N). Are you ready?" She asked you in a whisper, and you shook your head as the nerves continued to build up. "Hell no." You mumbled just as Ashton's familiar door slamming and loud footsteps were heard throughout the apartment. He was in the bathroom in an instant, greeting your friend and nodding towards her. "Do we know yet?" He asks just as your phone timer goes off. You bite your lip and grip the counter as you look down to both tests, your heart swelling at the positive plus on each test. "Ashton, I'm pregnant."