Your Daughter Gets Her Period (T)

Ashton: “Please pick up,” He muttered into the receiver. Your daughter sat on the edge of the bathtub, her expression panic stricken. You were at work, unable to come to the aid of your husband who now, was facing something he wished you had been home for. The phone clicked to your voicemail and he hung up in defeat, turning to face his daughter who looked him with worry. “What’s happening Daddy?” She said. He sank to his knees in front of her, so he could meet her eyes. She was so young, his heart clenching. He grabbed her tiny hands in his, rubbing his thumb on the back of her hand. “Its something every girl goes through in her life sweetie, nothing’s wrong with you my love. We’ll sort you out,” He let go of her hands to turn towards the cabinet, rummaging around until he found the box you had at the back. He pulled it out, cringing a small bit before pulling out a pad. After telling your daughter what was happening and helping her put the pad on he walked with her down the stairs to your living room. He sat her down on the couch, going to make a tea and get her the hot water bottle to put on her stomach. He put the tea in front of her, moving her gently so she was propped against his chest, knowing that she needed her Daddy. Eventually, after much talking about growing up she was lulled to sleep. You came home from work that night, to see her curled up on the couch with her Dad watching her favourite movie. He smiled when he saw you, your daughter immediately getting up and running to you. You looked at Ashton as you hugged her with a confused expression. “You had better talk to her,” He said standing up to come and give you a hug. You told your daughter to meet you in her bedroom and you would be right up. “What happened?” You said, pulling away. “Our little girls growing up.” He said, with a pained smile. You furrowed your eyebrows and looked at the table. The hot water bottle, the tea and the cuddling, all the things Ashton knew you liked when it was your time of the month. You finally understood, nodding your head. “Sorry I couldn’t come home, it seems like you have it under control though.” You said nodding to the table. “I calmed her down, I think you need to… um… explain it a little better then I did.” He said, clearly a little uncomfortable. “I just never thought it would happen to her while she was young, it just made me realize she’s growing up, she’s not going to be my little baby forever.” He cleared his throat and looked at you, his eyes a little shinier then before. “She’ll always be our baby, whether she’s a grown woman or her little self right now, she’ll always be our girl.” You said hugging him, trying to ease his worries.

Calum: “Daddy!” Your daughter screamed down the hallway. Calum looked up, wondering why your daughter sounded so panicked. He put down the sandwich he was in the process of making for your son and followed the sound of your daughters voice. You weren’t home, having to go out of your town on a business call, you had left your two kids in Calum’s care, knowing nothing could go wrong, but how wrong you were yourself. He walked around the corner and up the stairs to see your daughter sitting on her bed, a look of discomfort and panic on her face. “(Y/D/N), what’s wrong?” Calum said coming over to her, looking her over for any physical harm, his heart pounding in his chest. She looked up, her eyes wide, a red blush on her cheeks. “Dad, I know what this is, I… I got my period. I just don’t know what to do now…” She said, your husbands heart plummeting. He gulped, wishing you were home. He sighed, grabbing your daughters hand. “You’re alright babe, c’mon I’ll help you out,” He pulled her up, her face cringing as he led her to the washroom. His hands shook as he handed her the pad and helped her put it on, leaving her for the rest. After she came out, she immediately hugged him. He hugged her back, tightening his grip around her, no words were spoken but it was clear what was expressed. She needed her Dad, he held her tightly for what seemed like hours. Finally she pulled away, wiping her eyes slighlty. “When’s Mum home?” She asked in a timid voice. “A couple more days sweetie, she’ll help you out when she gets back. You can call her tonight.” He said kissing her forehead. She nodded her head, still not looking up. “If you need anything just give me a call okay babe? Don’t tell your Mum either but why don’t you stay home with me and help me out? We could go downtown or something?” He said, trying to make her feel better. Instantly her face brightened up, smiling she nodded. “Dad, can I have some chocolate though?” Calum laughed, before composing himself. “Of course sweets,” He said walking downstairs with his soon to be grown up daughter.

Luke: “Where’s Mum?” Your daughter said, looking around the living room in search for you. Luke looked up from his laptop, confused. “She’s at work, why?” “What time will she be home?” She asked, her voice taken on urgency. “She’ll be home late, tonights her late night. You know that. What’s wrong?” He said, a little worried. She sighed, and shook her head. “I don’t know what to do…” She said, looking at her feet. You noticed she was standing a little odd, her back hunched a bit. Immediately he perked up, looking her over. “Whats wrong? You know you can tell me.” He said, urging her along. She sighed, biting her lip. “We learned about it in school, I got my period. Mum said it would be soon, don’t freak out either. I just don’t know where she keeps her stuff. I checked the bathroom but I don’t see anything.” She said, her face brilliantly red. His face flushed the same colour, his heart plummeting. He cringed a small bit standing up, not wanting to face the reality that his daughter was becoming a woman. “C’mon babe,” He said walking a little ahead of her, hoping that this would end soon. He walked up stairs and instead of going into the bathroom he went into your shared bedroom, going to the bathroom attached to his room. He bent down to the vanity, searching until he discovered the package. He handed them to his daughter, unsure of what to say. He could tell that she was just as embarrassed as he was, so she gave him a quick thanks and scurried to the washroom. After she had left, he sat on the bed and pulled out his phone dialing your number. “Hello?” You answered, being at work you wondered why he was calling you. “She got her period.” Was all he said, you could clearly hear the discomfort in his voice. You tried to keep your laughter at bay. “Is she alright? Did you find everything alright? I’ll talk to her when I get home, actually I’ll try and leave early.” You said looking at the clock, surely your boss wouldn’t mind if you left two hours early. “Please.” He managed to get out, and you laughed, promising to be home soon. 

Michael: “Dad! We’re out of pads!” Your fourteen year old daughter shouted down the hall. Michael nearly spit out his coffee that he was drinking. She came around the corner completely unfazed at what she had just said. “Pardon?” He managed to choke out. “We’re out of pads, could you pick some up today?” She said leaning against the counter. “I didn’t think you needed them yet.” He said, his face flushing a brilliant colour of red. “Well Mum’s not home and I would normally ask her, but well, I don’t want to buy them. I’ve had this for months Dad, Mum’s never told you?” She said, completely fine with discussing this with her Father. He thought for a moment, thinking perhaps that he pushed the thought out of his mind. “You have none, like you can’t make it until Mum’s home?” He said, trying to hide the whine in his voice that he would normally save for you. You were on a trip to see your parents, your Father having a bit of a spill, so you decided to go out and see him and help your Mum out. “I need them today, I’d go out and get them but I don’t know what I’m looking for.” He swallowed thickly, closing his eyes. “I’ll get them today,” He muttered, already remembering the days that he would go out for you when you lay crippled on the couch unable to get them for yourself. The days where those pictures circulated the internet from fans, thousands of captions directed at him. He prayed that the same thing wouldn’t happen again, with his daughter. “Thanks Dad, your the best. By the way, I’m going out with some friends tonight.” She said smiling and walking away. Michael shook his head, amazed at how fast his little girl was growing up, and remembering the same things with you.