GADGET HUNTING⚘✾

I strode lethargically into the school compound. There, I met Remi sitting on a tree. He jumped down, approached me, and said, "Well, look who slept off on me last night."

"Hi," I said in a sleepy manner and walked off to class to lay my head on the desk a bit, before the call of assembly.

I hadn't rest much the day before; I was too busy on my phone that resting a little and keeping my phone aside for a moment seemed too tough. I was way too hyped about it to chill out for a second.

                     ***
I sat somewhat slumped on the chair as Mr Isaac boringly taught History.
* *
/| |\
√ √
I felt the deep urge to check the happenings in the virtual world. I was so darn curious to know how much turn-ups I'd have gotten on my profile and how much friend requests. I also wanted to stay updated through the newsfeed.

I gradually reached out for my bag in an attempt to steal my phone for just a "second." What? You can't blame me. Mr Isaac was a slow talker and he included zero fun to his teaching so I had every right to want to do something else at that hour. You buying dat?

I was sitted way behind so it was difficult for anyone to tell that I wasn't being advertent.

I turned on my phone and rapidly turned on my data, speeding to Facebook. I could hear the other social media apps in my head, they were cheering,
"Yay! Go Facebuddy! It's your time to shine."

As soon as I appeared on Facebook, gee, were there so many notifications! Oops! I forgot to turn my gadget on silent mode; I did that and hurriedly moved on to check my notifications... they were too much so I just had to ignore that section for when I would return home—then I could cross my legs over each other on my bed, lock the doors, and get drowned in glee while checkin' them notifications.

I moved to my messages to find someone worthy of chatting with since I was super duper bored.
There were so many texts from mostly dudes, well ofc, but just one caught my attention—MY FREAKING EVERLASTING CRUSH! It was Oliver! He texted first!

For a moment, I couldn't breathe. How do you respond to a text from your crush and manage not to screw things up?

"Hello Temi," he texted for a second time.

"Hi Ollie," I texted back in a flash. "How'd u even find me?"

"Well, you appeared to be a friend suggestion-obviously cause I'm friends with a lot of your friends."

"Yeah, that makes sense."

"Aren't you supposed to be in school?"

"I am in school. Mr Isaac is just being so boring. And u?"

"Lol. Skipped school. I'm sick."

"Oh, sorry dear. I hope you get better soon."

"How about we chat later tonight? Say 10?"

Something seemed off about the whole class now-the whole place was silent.
I rose up my head only to find the whole class looking fixedly at me like I was a movie or something.

Some had their eyes saying, "BUSTED!" and others looked absorbed in knowing what would happen next, I guess.
Remi and Aisha looked so tensed; it seemed like they were trying to communicate some info through those bothered eyes.

I felt a presence around me, turned to my left, only to find Mr Isaac standing by my left. My heart bounced right out of my chest. He stretched his arm, "let me have it."

I sluggishly handed the phone over to Mr grumpy with pleading eyes. Shit! I forgot to turn it off!

He gazed through the screen and read my chats with Oliver, then gave that smirk that adults display when they expose your hidden activities.