LIKE, I DISLIKE⚘✾

“Well, I feel you're a better artist and content creator compared to MoonBloom.👌🏾”

“😱Really???”

“For real. I never miss any of your posts. I'm your biggest fan lol.”

“Awwwn.🥺 Thank you.❤️”
“So, I assume you and Oliver attend the same school.”

“Nah. But we live close.”
“Soon, I'll be coming over to Lagos. Maybe we'd get too meet.”

“That'll be great!😃”

Amara was such a nice girl.
Funny how I thought she and MoonBloom were sisters all because they were so physically alike and so were their names.

                       ***
I was so pissed at how the posts of her and the likes of her gained literally a thousand reactions but motivational me gained less than fifty. MoonBloom, that is.

I made my best post yet, through the inspiration of a mere pencil on my table. I was eager as a beaver to make this one post and impress my artist viewers or just anyone but…

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━。☆✼★

Marks or writings made with a pencil
Becomes thicker, darker,
And more visible when it has been erased
The first time and re-written.

This proves that we become
Tougher and more equipped
When we make mistakes and
Learn from them; thus, bad experiences builds you even more.”
。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━。☆✼★

Facebook =     5👍     1💬
IG =                   3❤️     0💬
Whatsapp=     60👁️   0💬

Joy=0.0000000000%

I had to discard the post as I was fond of doing each time I gained an unimpressive amount of audience, especially on WhatsApp.

I had learned to be positively inspiring about my online contents by my friends and teacher at school but somehow it wasn’t working; no one was really interested in that. It was proven by the lesser amount of views, reactions, comments and shares.

WhatsApp was much worse. I got to be aware of my viewers' presence hence when they refused to make a positive comment on my contents, I felt sad, observing every single person and wondering why such individual seemed uninterested in my content. Having less views was even more critical and deleterious to my mental health.

It was depressing to find out that others around my social media walls earned more interactions than I ever did, even on less important things but I never did. What was the issue? Wasn’t I good enough? Was being impactful lame?

I refused to interact on the contents of others not because it wasn't valid but because I was envious of them and it made me indifferent and it made me not want to add to their validation.
I made a post saying:
Desire
Dare
Ore
Jade
Shade

These are actually Yoruba names!

The post seemed hilarious and reaction-worthy to me but not to my audience. They slid right past it.

As I gazed into my phone's screen, taking a journey into the cities of the virtual world, viewing those mere emotional signs placed on the posts of people, I was bothered about my worth.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
JOURNAL CORNER
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Humans have been evolutionary hardwired to crave social acceptance and in the internet age, social acceptance is more purely distilled in the form of “like” button—it provides social validation.