ADD A LITTLE BIT OF DRAMA¹⚘✾

“Amara!” I called out and she shuddered. She had a shocked expression on her face.

“Are you...” before I could confirm if she was hungry, she immediately said, “oh, sorry... I kinda got hungry, you know...”

“Why didn't you just tell me rather then eating leftovers?”

“No. Cool people ought not to be hungry,” Precious said from the stairs and Amara gave her a scowl.

                      ***
In the next few days, I and my pals were together when I heard a knock on the door.

“Who has refused to stay in their house?” I called out and chatted my way to the door.

I unlocked the door and walked a few feet away from the door before realizing that I had to open the door for whoever it was. I took my eyes off screening my post in my phone and I opened the door. It was Amara and this time, with a guy.

“Heyyy. I wasn't expecting you.”

“I just decided to take a stroll here,” she answered. “This is my brother, James.”

“Oh. Hi, James. I'm Temi. You're welcome.” I shyly shook hands with the handsome male specie.

We approached the rest and I introduced everyone. Remi was elated to meet them, I could tell it through his countenance. Aisha on the other hand—she was staring at James, oddly. (・・? )
He waved at her for the second time and she waved back with a smile for the second time.

“So, you guys will be attending the same school with us?” Aisha questioned.

“Not anymore,” Amara answered.

“My parents can't afford...” James wasn't able to complete his utterance; his sister barged in, “to give us new experiences here then have us leave unexpectedly.”

I smell something fishy.

“Awww,” Aisha said. Her eyes were fixed on James. “I love your shoes. How much did you get them?” Aisha asked Amara.

“Yeah, me too,” I added. Isn't it the same with the one you wore in that picture?”

“No!” She said sharply, “I have two different pairs. I wouldn't wear the same thing I wear in pictures, around.”

James sighed. The whole place turned awkwardly silent.

“If you say so. How much did you get them? I need something like this,” said Aisha.

“They cost a lot.”

“How much?”

“A lot. You think you can afford it?”

Aisha faced Remi and they both laughed.

“Nevermind,” she then told Amara.

“I say we keep each other company by playing a game. Who's in for some video game at my place? James?” Remi smiled at James.

“I’m not really in the mood for video games. Maybe later. I think I would rather take a stroll around to get to know this place better. Aisha, would you like to show me around?”

“Sure. Why not?”

“Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go.”

I guess love at first sight does exist afterall.

I and Remi exchanged funny glances as we watched them leave.

                      ***
Soon, I got tired of everything; tired of how my old friends were having a good time with my new friends.