THE ARTISTS' JOURNAL⚘✾

Another text from Beck popped up on my Instagram. "Hey, beautiful. I would like to be friends with you."

I smiled a little and responded briskly, "that'll be totally cool. Mind if I have your digits? Let's chat on WhatsApp instead."

"Great idea. I'm new to IG as you can see. My account is as boring as anything. I'm gonna delete this account soon so yeah, let's chat on WhatsApp."

I was consistent in improving myself to become an artist worthy of being renowned by the public on the socials.

As much as I wanted my life going perfect in there; having tons of followers, influencing many and making money, I never wanted those factors to control me and my deeds on the internet. I did my stuff on a low-key and accepted my 'fate'-less commendations, few fans, little attention.

Aisha approached me in enthusiasm. She had her phone in her hands, during school hours, unafraid of the repercussions.

"Let's hope the principal doesn't get you with your phone during school hours."

"You still bother about that? Babe, no one focuses on that anymore. Everyone but you brings their phones to school. Besides, our activities for today have not commenced."

Remi walked and settled in for he had just arrived in school. "Have you told her?" He questioned Aisha and she replied, "I was just about to."

"Tell me what?"

"I don't think she has an idea. Temi, when last were you online on Instagram?"

"Last week."

"Last week? Why?" Aisha asked.

"Because of my mental health. Look, I don't want to talk about it but lately, I've not been myself."

Aisha and Remi, with their gleeful expressions degraded, they looked at each other then returned to me.

"Well, this is the moment of your breakthrough!" Aisha exclaimed and pushed her phone into my face, showing me an Instagram content. I collected the phone and looked into the screen, watching a video for some minutes.

"No way!" The same gleeful expression they had, came up on my face, surpassing theirs.

"Yes way, sweetie."

"I cannot believe this. Finally! I've waited for an opportunity like this all my life. I'd finally get the chance to prove myself and be somebody."

"You can do this, we believe in you," Remi touched me affectionately with eyes of assurance. I smiled.

"Uh, there's going to be tons of people in this contest so train yourself. Be confident but not over-confident cause you're yet to meet all the contestants; you don't know what they're capable off."

"That's true," Remi seconded. Suddenly, he widened his eyes and held on to both my shoulders. "You haven't signed up yet!!"

"Oh no. There's only limited time. The contest entails about twenty contestants and lots of people will soon be flooding Zeph's corner!"

"When did he make this post?" I asked.

"Twenty minutes ago," Remi answered.

"Here, you can log into your IG account with my phone and hurry."

Just immediately, the bell signified the time for assembly.
"Darn it," I muttered while working my way through her phone.

Without warning, a sourbelly math teacher drew near us and snatched the gadget from me.
"When you hear the bell for assembly, you move."