FEELINGS GONE WRONG⚘✾

Things were back to the way they used to be. Even better, I and Oliver planned on meeting soon during the public holiday! I couldn't wait!

“Okay, I think it's high time I told you what I've always wanted to.🥺”

“I’m tired of asking you about it, Remi. I don't care anymore.”

“I’ll tell you anyway and through a voice message.”

“Be snappy about it.🙄”

He recorded the voice message and I curiously listened to it. It audibly and vividly said, “Temi, I like you.” Okayyyy?
“Not like you—I like you. I mean, beyond friends.
It's the reason for my sudden weirdness especially when you talk about other guys. I know we're meant to be best of friends but I don't know how this happened. I truly have special feelings for you and honestly, I never stop thinking about you.”

“WHAT?!?!!??!!!!???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU CRAZYYYYYY?!?!?!”

“Crazy about you—yessss!” Okay, he's lost it.

“How?!?! Why?!?! When?!?! Who?!?!
What?!?! Where?!?!”

“In English now.”

“For how long has this been?”

“For the past two years.😞”

“For... What?!?!!!!😱😱😱😧😧😧😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨”

“Too many exclamations and emotions. I can feel you barking at my face right now.😂😂”

“I don't know how this happened but we are best friends and best friends don't fall in love with each other.😬”

“Oh please.🙄 My parents were best friends before they got married.😏”

“We are not your parents!”

“Oh, right.”

“Plus, I have feelings for Oliver. You know that.”

“What?!😮😤 You don't even know him.😡”

“Well that's better than running off with my best friend.😠😠😠😠😠”

“Girl! You can't have feelings for someone you simply call and text everyday!”

“That's a total lie. Plus, he's coming over to Lagos and we plan on meeting.”

“Temi! Please,🥺 don't do this.🥺🥺🥺”

“Don't do what?😤 You don't know how irrational you sound right now.😤 Do you want to ruin our friendship? YOU ARE SO UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I CAN'T EVEN COMPREHEND THIS!!!!! You must have so much gut to even tell me this. It's best you kill whatsoever feeling it is that you have because we can never be together and my heart belongs to someone else. Period!”

I was completely mind-blown by his confession. I had been announcing him as my best friend and brother, ignorant of his feelings for me!
I felt disgusted just thinking about it and at the same time, pissed. Remi must have lost his mind to be brazen enough to tell me such.
He stopped responding to my texts and I went off to chat with Oliver.

“Would you believe Remi? He said he has feelings for me.😰😰😰”

“Like you didn't know that before now.🙄”

“How could I?🤨😕”

“Even I who isn't seeing you both knows that Remi has had a crush on you for a long time now. He makes it so obvious.💁🏾‍♂️”