SAVAGE COPS⚘✾

It was so unfair that I was kicked out of Facebook just for expressing my views on a matter. Meanwhile, the real culprit of those savage words roamed around freely.

I quivered in my virtual handcuffs as the cops led me out of the Platown. I hurled furiously, “I am the victim!”  l\( ˋ Θ ´ )/

                    ***
So, there I was, locked out❚█══█❚ of Facebook for a crime I didn’t commit.
Well...

I felt so bad and so angry. Facebook for me, may have not been the best but it had everything. Heck, it birthed some other platforms. It was referred to as the "social giant" by some folks.

Being locked out of Facebook, I packed my stuff and journeyed to a somewhat foreign Platown called “Twitter.”
I once heard that “Twitter is not for the weak.”

This place turned out to be a lot different from the rest; very broad and full of...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
JOURNAL CORNER
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
“We have witnessed abuse, harassment, troll armies, manipulation through bots and human cooperation, misinformation campaign, divisive echo chambers. We aren't proud of how people have taken advantage of our services and inability to address it fast enough.”—Jack Dorsey.

Yeah, very full of that.

I made a tweet about something on my mind without even thinking of the repercussions of my tweet and the negative influence it may cause on me or another individual.

Shortly, I turned a victim of cyber bullying and I could shield myself behind my phone's screen but there was not that much I could do.
My tweet was retweeted, reached many routes and caused more havoc.~( ´•︵•' )~ I never desired such internet fame!
Even worse, I was becoming increasingly addicted.(¯ ¯٥)

Twitter seemed a lot intriguing and... Different. It was really different and broad.

It was a hot mess in there; celebrity obsession and people thinking I wanted to hear their hot takes and nonsense.
It seemed to be a home where nastier internet users thrived. Thanks to it's commitment to free speech and willingness to allow anonymous users!

People spoke about Pretty Perry Peterson being a racist and it was the biggest issue ever. Lots of people gave their takes about it, debating in feistiness with their opponents. They went as far as digging up past deeds, atrocious deeds of Perry and really knocking him down. Poor Perry. ╰⁔╯ Would he survive seeing that people were starting to hate him that much and slandered him vehemently?
I could never survive that.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
JOURNAL CORNER
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
One big wrong,
And you're gone.

I wasn't even sure if the allegations were valid, no one really was, they were just bent on giving their opinions and destroying individuals... Stealing, killing, and destroying. Reminds me of somebody who fell down a minute ago.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
JOURNAL CORNER
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
TWITTER IS NOT FOR THE WEAK!!!

The savage cops over Twitter were not as active as those on Facebook. They allowed almost everything. But I didn’t need a savage cop this time to exit the place. I willingly and a hundred percent evacuated the Platown.

“Truth about this savage thing is that savage animals are no better than those they pick on. They tend to act that way online just so they can gain attention and approval from others and if you can't defend yourself, you're most likely to turn a new trending meme!” Remi explained as we sat together to discuss the online turbulence going on between people of different and same race, that sprung from Perry's act of racism towards fans.

“Fact is, in real life, based on my discoveries, savage animals are a bunch of low-lives. You see them online and how they trash and attack people and create fun memes out of everyone seems cool but in real life, they're just poverty's left-overs. They cause you depression from your screen but in real life, you turn out to be even better than them! It always happens that way!” Aisha seconded.

"More people are out to cyber bully the weak because apparently, savage is the new cool. You get the perfect lines fit for your prey, you trend.
Insulting and backlashing peeps you don't even know and they may have caused no harm, all because you think it's fun,” I finally added.

                     ***
Next up, I tried Instagram. I was able to gain access to intriguing contents just as Facebook but I still wasn’t feelin’ the fire. Hold up, I want fire now? I mean, I wasn’t feeling the heat, but I felt something alright—intimidation mixed with anxiety then some envy toppings and sadness sprinkles.

It felt like I didn’t fit in… like I could not fit in. I yearned to fit in, then I didn’t want to fit in; hence I was left entangled in a dilemma.

Then I was headed for TikTok. The name alone was enlivening and just as the name implied, time-wasting for me. TikTok—TIME-consuming. Heehee.
I dived into tons of videos and then I felt pressured to do mine. I mastered everything but somehow, I just couldn’t… *sigh.*

Aisha was on TikTok, Remi was on TikTok and they manged it so well. Why couldn’t I? Moreover, why did I feel so bent on fitting in?

I felt so pressured to fit in and be like someone else that I admired.

“Fitting in is not just your problem at the moment if you look at things the way I see it, your problem is rather what you want to fit into,” Aisha enlightened me on a video call, “Clearly, I fit in, Remi fits in because we are doing our own thing. Remi makes contents for the gospel, I speak to young people out there, but rather than doing your own thing and fitting into that, you long to be like others whom are also products of imitating others—celebrities mostly, and so the circle begins and continues. Specifically, you want to be like the slay mamas, the b**ches, the rich, cool, and expensive, the trend-maniacs and the likes of them.”

"Aisha has said it all."

“I don’t understand.”

"You never understand."

“Remi, stop, you're being a real jerk right now.”

“She knows I love her anyway," he smiled. I had a flinty look on.

“Just get some rest. You need it. See you at school tomorrow.”

     ⚘THE LEXICOGRAPHY⚘

       *PLATOWN*

ΩA virtual town; a social media platform.

∆I quivered in my virtual handcuffs as the cops led me out of the Platown

      *TREND-MANIAC*

ΩOne who displays fanaticism towards trends online.

∆...the trend-maniacs and the likes of them.”

::♥• MAKE A POST FROM THE JOURNAL CORNER ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA WITH A HASHTAG “TMIM”

»» #TMIM

::♥•F@Teimee