The Deal and Sleep

Set morning after Magnus is rescued from Edom as per the TV show storyline 

Magnus reached up and brushed a loose strand of hair from a sleeping Alec's face. A small smile spread across his face. He couldn't lie. He truly thought he was never going to leave Edom. Magnus silently slipped out of the bed, he didn't want to wake Alexander.

Barley an hour later Alec woke in a frenzy, reaching for where Magnus should be "Magnus!"

"It's okay Alexander" Magnus said rushing to the door of the bedroom. 

"I thought you-you were gone again" he said, gasping for air.

Magnus practically glided over to the bed and wrapped his arms around the shaking shadowhunter "It's okay. I'm here and I'm not leaving you again"

Alec nodded as he buried his head in Magnus' chest

"I love you Mags"

"As I love you, Alexander?"

"Yeah" Alec said raising his head to look into Magnus's shiny golden eyes

"I want to ask you..."

"You can ask me anything"

"I said I know why you... did what you did but why the fuck would you do that?"

"Because it was for you. The only way you'd be happy again. And to be fair you need to be happy."

"Did you want to?"

"Of course not? But it didn't matter if I wasn't happy again. If I really threw myself into shadowhunting I wouldn't live long anyway"

"But Alexander you should never. You shouldn't. No. Never pull anything like that again. I love you so much. You are more important."

"I know but you said you'd never be happy"

"I was drunk"

"Alcohol is like magic. It can't create emotions just bring them out"

"I can't believe you used my own words against me"

"Well when your that wise who can blame me" Alec muttered leaning up and pressing his lips against Magnus'

The kiss ended when Magnus broke away with a laugh. "I'm beginning to think i'm a bad influence on you and I have one more question"

"Shoot"

"When was the last time you slept"

"Last night"

"I mean properly. You barely slept last night"

"Like that night before the dinner"

"Shit, that was a long time ago"

"Yeah, I guess I've slept a little but it's mainly been nightmares and since you went to edom I've slept for like 2 hours tops."

Magnus straddled Alec's lap and put his arms around his neck.

"I'm sorry, Alexander"

"It's not your fault"

"I love you so much Alexander, you saved me"

"Nah, I think you saved me"

"We saved each other" 

A/N

Hey guys, sorry this chapter is kinda short and didn't really turned out the way I planned. My updates are getting further and further apart and I'm so sorry. I'm on holidays for 2 weeks so I'll try and update more. any requests??