Chapter 5: Dante's POV

I hope everyone is enjoying the story. This chapter is different because you are now seeing the point-of-view of Dante. This chapter does have a sexual scene (not explicit, pretty minor) so just a heads up. Enjoy and tell me what you think!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Dante's POV]

                Marcus, Kelsey, and I walked in the band room to practice those songs that would be played in New York. I didn’t really give much thought to whether I’d go or not but Mr. Howard said I’d be able to go. But really, that trip was the last thing on my mind. Marcus was. Kelsey did mention to me about Marcus having a girlfriend, but I honestly disregarded it. From the moment Marcus met me, I saw the way he stared at me. Even when I saw Marcus myself I couldn’t take my eyes off him.  He is the sexiest guy I had ever seen. And those hazel eyes of his were just so hot. But I’m getting too carried away. I also see that he obviously likes me though. He seems so vulnerable around me.

“Dante!” Kelsey shouted pulling me from my thoughts. I looked at her and Marcus who were staring attentively at me.

“Huh?” I replied confused.

“I had been calling you for the longest. You must’ve been really deep in thought.” Kelsey said. I smiled half-heartedly and chuckled.

“Sorry.” I said looking down to my trumpet. Kelsey looked over to Marcus and she rose an eyebrow before shooing Marcus out the room. He had a very confused look on his face as Kelsey forced him out the room. She spun around and gave me a look.

“Are you thinking about what we talked about in the lunch room?” Kelsey asked with a smirk. I nodded, not exactly telling the truth because I was thinking about Marcus. But what me and Kelsey was talking about you ask? We were talking about Sean and Chanel. I don’t really know either of them that well but Kelsey filled me in on plenty. Of course I know Chanel is Marcus’ girlfriend and Sean is his (male) bestfriend. But the next part is a doozy. As we all noticed, Sean has been acting weird and all of a sudden, him and Chanel seem to know each other. That doesn’t spark up suspicion in me but then Kelsey starts throwing ‘possibilities’ out there. Kelsey believes Chanel is no good and is a sneaky, conniving, slithering succubus who will only end up hurting Marcus (and those were Kelsey’s words). She believes Sean and Chanel are having a fling because Sean has gotten so secretive. And in all actuality, Chanel and Sean have been on speaking terms long before today as Kelsey said.

                Kelsey pointed out that Chanel and Sean have 1st, 5th, and 6th hour together and have caught the bus together at times. In the past months, Sean had actually told Kelsey that he and Chanel were like best friends but soon he allegedly grew tired of her prissy ways. So of course, it appeared to everyone that they hated each other, so now when they’re all-of-a-sudden on speaking terms, it’s weird. What Kelsey thinks is Sean tried to talk to Chanel, because he had a crush on her before Marcus even dated her. Chanel being with Marcus of course, she rejected Sean and he got mad, ending their friendship. But now, something must be up. Though there is no definite proof, Kelsey finds it peculiar for the sudden reuniting.

“Do you think we should tell Marcus…?” I asked quietly. Kelsey furrowed her brows.

“No! Don’t get me wrong though. I’d love to see that slithering cow get dumped by Marcus, but we don’t really have hard evidence of her cheating with Sean. But it is questionable seeing as they’re back talking when Sean couldn’t stand her at first.” Kelsey said readjusting her glasses. I chuckled a little at her. She then looked at me and a cute little smile came across her face.