Chapter 22: Home Sweet Home? Not!

Finally I'm updating! Woot! I'm dedicating this chapter to my amazing boyfriend whom I'm celebrating a one year anniversary with today. I love you hehe.

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Marcus' POV]

                “My baby is finally home!” My mom exclaimed wrapping her arms around me tightly. I groaned as she smothered me in kisses.

“Ah OK mom. I missed you too.” I said escaping her hold. She fake pouted and then smiled.

“How was the trip, honey?” She asked. I cringed at the thought of everything that happened in Manhattan. These were things I weren’t exactly excited to talk about.

“Long. I’m very tired.” I replied heading towards the stairs. My mother’s gaze remained on me until I was fully up the steps. I guess she would pester me later. My eyes examined my entire room. It was left exactly how it was when I left almost a week ago. My gaze moved to my bed as I left my luggage in my doorway. Boy did I miss my bed, but then that memory came to mind. The day me and Chanel first made love seemed to play out before me as I gazed at my empty bed.

I shook my head and slowly approached the bed, plopping down in exhaustion as tears filled my eyes. Maybe New York wasn’t so bad because so many memories happened in this room. New York was completely different.

“Are you crying?” That voice snapped me out my thoughts. I looked to my doorway and saw Jasmine standing there, looking concerned. She was like a splitting image of my mother, I swear.

“No…” I replied, wiping unshed tears from my eyes. Jasmine took a big step over my luggage in the doorway and invited herself in.

“Whose ass do I gotta beat?” Jasmine asked sitting next to me. I couldn’t help the smile that spread across my face.

“No one. It’s just something I don’t want to talk about.” I replied. Jasmine sat silent as she looked me over.

“How was the trip?” She asked, finally breaking the silence.

“Long.” I answered weakly. Jasmine nodded her head before standing to her feet. She paced in small circles for a moment.

“What?” I asked looking at her.

“I’m surprised Chanel isn’t here. She’d usually be here to yap to me and mom about the trip.” Jasmine said smirking as she noticed my face drain. I guess she figured she hit a nerve. I couldn’t even respond to her. Jasmine’s smirk turned into a frown.

“Chanel broke up with you?” She asked with anger laced thoroughly threw her voice. I licked my lips fighting back tears.

“I-I broke up with her.” I stuttered out, holding back the sob that so desperately wanted to come out. I couldn’t cry in front of Jasmine. It’s just uncomfortable to cry in front of my older sister.

“Why?” Jasmine asked quietly. I didn’t even want to remind myself why we ended. That alone could have me crying my eyes out again.

“Let’s just not talk about it.” I finally said after a long silence.

“I will fuck her up Marcus. What did she do?” Jasmine asked kneeling before me. I guess now is a good time to mention that despite if me and Jasmine get on each others’ nerves, she would fight for me. We both can be very protective of one another but Jasmine will actually try to get physical as a first action.