Chapter 16: Sweet to Sour

Hello everyone! I hope you're enjoying the story. This chapter should be interesting. It's getting crazy so brace yourself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Dante's POV]

                Kelsey helped me off the table with all eyes on us. The waiter walked out with wide eyes. My clothes were totaled and soaked from our spilled beverages and food.

“What on Earth?!” The waiter exclaimed. I stood silent, unable to speak. Kelsey went into her purse and pulled out some money.

“Sorry about the mess but I think we’re going to just go now.” Kelsey said handing the waiter the money. He hesitantly took the money, looking at the mess. Kelsey and I walked out the Apple Bees and began walking back to the hotel. I couldn’t speak still, because once again, Marcus was pissed with me. Giving he shoved me onto the table. But surprisingly, that’s not what really hurts. I mean, I can take a hit without any problems but the things he was saying to me was what got me. I was never good with being cussed at or talked to like I was stupid. It hurts. Maybe I just need to stop caring for Marcus. As far as the Chanel thing goes, he just has to figure that out on his own because he didn’t even listen to Kelsey.

“I apologize on the behalf of Marcus.” Kelsey says, breaking the long silence. I shake my head.

“Honestly, I should be apologizing. It sounds crazy, but we both know that I should not have mentioned the cheating thing again. Then I called Chanel a bitch in the heat of the moment, it just wasn’t right.” I say quietly.

“Apologies are due on both parts. Marcus still had no right to put his hands on you. And yeah, I constantly tell you that we can’t mention the cheating thing. All we can do is try to advise him.” Kelsey says combing her fingers through her hair as we walk down the street.

“It just gets me so upset to know that Marcus is being played. But I know it won’t help telling him he’s being cheated on. It’s like regardless, it’s a horrible heart break in the end.” I reply.

“Honestly, the only person who can open Marcus’ eyes is Sean. I’ve said before that Marcus considers Sean’s words way more than mines. But Sean isn’t ready to tell Marcus about what happened or is happening.” She says. I sigh deeply.

“Well, if Sean tells about Benard, he’d have to come clean about what him and Chanel did those months ago, because Chanel will only make it worst by lying and saying he raped her.” I quietly say. Kelsey is silent for a moment and pushes her glasses up.

“Until Sean comes clean, Marcus may forever be in denial about Chanel.” Kelsey says sadly. I could feel my heart tighten at the thought of never having Marcus. How can I be attached to someone who isn’t even mines? I feel Kelsey’s hand rub my back as we walk. In a way, Kelsey reminds me of my mother and how kind she was and how she was there for me when I needed her most. Tears came to my eyes at the thought of my late mother. God I miss her so much.

                We continued our walk in silence and pretty soon, we were at the hotel. Kelsey hugged me tightly and smiled at me with such a sweet smile.

“Everything is going to be OK.” She said.

“You’re going to make an awesome mother one day.” I say smiling. Kelsey blushes and chuckles a little.

“Thanks Dante.” She says heading up to her room. I walk up to the room and see Sean lying on the bed. He barely looks at me and continues looking at his phone. I go through my things to get some clothes to sleep in and head to the bathroom. I cut the shower on and pull off my filthy clothes and climb into the shower. The steam and heat from the water soothes me as I just think about everything. Tears flow out of me as I think of my mother. My heart aches with sorrow as I think of Marcus. Why must he be so naïve? After an hour of just being to myself, I hop out the shower and get dressed. I walk out the bathroom and I see Marcus sitting on a bed now. His eyes are puffy and it looks as though he’s been crying. Hard.