Chapter 29: A Chance With Love

OMG hey everyone. I'm sorry about the LONG wait. School has been a real bitch because my grades were slipping a little and that's a big no especially as a senior. Then I had other problems that affected me as well as writer's block. But here is a chapter finally which I hope you enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Dante's POV]

                Mr. Howard was a little upset about what had happened the day before, but was proud about how the situation was handled. The only actions taken were the removal of Chanel and Benard from the band (Benard only temporary). But everything was fine otherwise. I was to myself as I sat in the band room holding my trumpet. There was no Marcus or Kelsey here like usual and I wasn’t entirely sure why, but I didn’t mind.

It seemed so quiet in the band room early this morning besides the busy sounds of Mr. Howard writing stuff. I continued sitting in silence just holding my trumpet, fingering notes to some songs.

“I’m going to step out for a minute to make some copies. Just sit tight.” Mr. Howard said holding a stack of papers.

“OK, I’ll be here.” I replied quietly. Mr. Howard smiled and walked out the room. Now I was really all alone and it was really boring. After a few minutes, Marcus walked into the room and I wasn’t sure whether I was happy or upset. Marcus approached me and sat by my side.

“Hey Dante.” He said softly. I looked at him and smiled a little.

“Hello sir.” I said with the least enthusiasm.

“Sir? So formal…” Marcus replied looking down.

“I’m sorry, I guess. What’s up?” I asked with a small chuckle. Marcus looked at me with determination deep in his eyes. His lips pursed slightly before he bit down on his bottom lip, clearly in thought. He looked so hot doing that.

“I want to apologize again, because I put you through so much. I was so hot and cold with you and that wasn’t right. Now, it is my top priority to prove to you that I’m ready. Ready to be yours and you to be mines. Dante…I love you.” Marcus breathed out. The air got caught in my throat and my eyes went wide. Everything seemed to freeze around me.

“What did you say?” I asked. Marcus bit his bottom lip again and looked at me for a long time.

“I love you…It took a while to realize that but I did.” He mumbled. I smiled sheepishly and stared at him, feeling my cheeks heat up. Marcus took my hand and smiled sweetly at me. I didn’t want to cave in so easily but it was hard.

“How do I know you won’t just end up tossing me to the side again?” I asked, trying to hide my blush. Marcus slowly moved in and kissed my lips softly, taking my breath away.

“Trust me.” Marcus said with security in his voice. I looked him in the eyes and felt my guard let down gradually. But I still was very hesitant.

"Marcus…” I breathed out.

“Come with me.” He said standing up. I looked at him as he looked down at me with an inviting look. Where would he possibly be taking me? Without questioning out loud, I stood up and looked at him.

“What’s going on?” I asked quietly. Marcus just began leading me out the band room and out to his car. He remained silent as he motioned for me to get in. I stood there staring at him through the passenger window.

“Get in, please.” Marcus pleaded. I took in a deep breath.

“So we’re skipping school, eh?” I asked with a smirk.