Chapter 27: Chanel Gets Exposed

OK, so I was so excited to write that I did because I wasn't planning on updating for at least another day the ideas were flowing! It gets crazy in this chapter and Chanel gets exposed. BIG TIME! Enjoy ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Marcus' POV]

                I walked into the school building heading straight for the band room. The little “news” I heard about Chanel was angering me, but honestly could care less about that girl anymore. She was unfaithful and she was stupid with it, so now she’ll just have to live with whatever she got coming. Kelsey was sitting in the band room, running through her minor scales on her clarinet. I forced a smile and waved at her. Kelsey rested her clarinet in her lap and waved me over.

“Hey Marcus.” She said with a smile.

“Hi Kelsey, how is everything?” I asked.

“Everything is great. Me and Jacob were pretty much talking all weekend.” Kelsey beamed. I couldn’t help but smile for her.

“Aw well that’s good.” I said softly. Kelsey nodded with a big grin on her face.

“So Jacob is 19 and attends Wayne State University, majoring in accounting.” She exclaimed cheerfully.

“You got yourself a college boy. Good for you. Does he know how old you are?” I asked.

“Yeah…he knows I’m still in high school and only 17, but luckily that does not bother him.” Kelsey said, sounding relieved a she spoke. I chuckled and looked down.

“Well I’m glad that you and Jacob are going well.” I stated. Kelsey nodded and stared at me. She’s probably analyzing me as usual and can tell that something is wrong.

“So how are you and that girl?” Kelsey asked with a little irritation in her voice.

“We’re not together anymore.” I whispered. Kelsey sat silent with a straight face, looking at me. I was waiting for her reaction patiently because I knew her silence was far from her actual reaction. Mr. Howard walked through the room and noticed me.

“Oh hey Marcus. I didn’t even know you were in here.” He said, writing out songs on the board.

“Hey Mr. Howard.” I chuckled out, returning my gaze to Kelsey. Her eyebrows were furrowed at me.

“You’re lying.” Kelsey said in a hushed tone. I shook my head and looked into Kelsey’s eyes.

“No I’m not. We broke up Friday after I got home from the Renaissance Center.” I confirmed sadly. Kelsey slowly shook her head.

“I told you. I told you. I TOLD YOU!” She ranted, shaking her head at me. “You didn’t listen. What did she do?”

“Chanel was mad because I didn’t seem enthusiastic about her being accepted at JSU. So she left with an attitude.” I said. Kelsey looked flushed with anger.

“Are you serious?” She almost yelled. Mr. Howard was looking at us with a raised brow, not knowing what was going on. I only gave him a smile to assure him that nothing was too serious. Mr. Howard nodded and turned back to the board.

“Yes, I am serious. She was supposed to be telling me this big thing which wasn’t exactly good, so she started off with the JSU news. I didn’t show much enthusiasm for that because I was trying to hear what it was she wanted to tell me, but it didn’t get that far as she got pissed and left.” I whispered. Kelsey gritted her teeth and huffed.