Chapter 8: Bro Time

Hello my awesome readers. I just want to thank everyone who voted for my story. Everyday it get's a little more popular and I'm just really happy about it. But anyways, to the story!

***This chapter will mostly consist of Marcus and Sean. Another filler. I hope you still enjoy it nonetheless!

***Just for your interest, there is a video of the song mentioned in this chapter and a picture of a clarinet. Lol

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Marcus' POV]

                It surprised me today that Sean wanted to hang out after school. He texted me when Chanel and I were on our way to school. I agreed because we hadn’t hung out in like ages. Well, we have hung out, but Kelsey is always around – not saying that’s a bad thing – but we haven’t had “Bro Time” in a while. As I pulled into the school lot, I glanced over at Chanel who was looking beautiful as usual. She had on this pink blouse with some low-cut jeans and high-heeled boots. Over her blouse was her band jacket. Her hair had this “blown” effect which complimented her face and she had on a touch of pink eye shadow and eyeliner with pink lip gloss. I smiled before leaning over and giving her a peck on the lips.

“I love you babe.” I said softly.

“I love you too.” Chanel said smiling. The sun was high and despite the light snowfall last night, it was pretty nice out. We entered the school and we went our separate ways. I entered the band room and greeted Mr. Howard who was there alone. Without wasting any time, I went to go get my clarinet so I could begin practicing. With the trip in a little less than 2 weeks, I had to make sure I knew the music flawlessly.

“Rolling Thunder March…” I mumbled out loud to myself.

“Tricky piece, don’t you think?” Kelsey said smiling, startling me. Sean wasn’t too far behind her.

“Well look who we have here.” I said smiling at the two of them.

“Two of the best clarinetists of all times?” Sean said cockily.

“More like one “horn holder” and one of the best clarinetists of all times.” Kelsey said with a giggle. Sean smacked his lips before chuckling a little.

“So Rolling Thunder you say?” Kelsey said raising her eyebrow. I nodded with a smile.

“That piece can be a real killer.” Sean said looking over his sheet music.

“Coming from the guy who only plays 3rd clarinet.” Kelsey said rolling her eyes. I laughed.

“The tempo of the song is what gets me.” I said.

“Well, we can all practice it slow and then work our way up to the real tempo.” Sean said glaring at Kelsey.

                We all agreed to do so and Kelsey and Sean went to go get their clarinets. Before long, we were working on Rolling Thunder. Now let me tell you guys who are probably clueless to band. Rolling Thunder March is a VERY fast song with so many runs in it. I’m not going to go into what runs are, but mix runs with how fast the damn song is, a clarinetist’s fingers have to move REALLY fast. Y’all just don’t understand how that can be tiring to us clarinetists. But I’m going way off track. Just wanted to let you people know that my fingers will be tired.

                As we continued practicing and picking up the tempo each time, Dante finally walked in. I only glanced his way as I continued playing this fast piece. Dante looked at us as we practiced and Kelsey soon stopped.