Chapter 12: Things Get Real

So here is another chapter of VT! I updated pretty quickly so yay! As you see, the chapters are getting more and more intensed as the story goes along. What might this chapter hold? I hope you enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Dante's POV]

               It wasn’t really showing on the surface, but I was getting annoyed with Marcus’ confusing ass. He was like hot and cold with me. The rejections were a little discouraging too, but I’m not going to quit. I know that Marcus likes me because he wouldn’t look at me the way he does. He wouldn’t of kissed me the way he did. The sexual tension is definitely there and he knows that. But obviously I need to expose that strag of a girlfriend he has because that’s the only way he’ll see that I’m better for him. Me and Kelsey are definitely going to talk.

                I pulled a blue hoody over my head and got ready to head to Carnegie Hall for the orchestra thing. I really didn’t feel like going but I knew Mr. Howard wouldn’t have that. Sean was dressing his face up and Marcus was getting ready to head out. We all had to be in the lobby by 9am sharp and it was growing nearer. Sean and Marcus finally walked towards the door and I followed them in silence. We all were silent. When we got down to the lobby, Marcus went over to Chanel and kissed her softly. Sean didn’t look their way which surprised me. I saw Kelsey and decided to go talk to her about a few things.

“Hey Kelsey.” I said smiling. Kelsey looked at me and smiled.

“Hey sweetie. What’s up?” She said.

“A lot. I have to tell you what happened yesterday!” I exclaimed.

“Oh really? What?” Kelsey asked lowering her voice.

“Me and Marcus-“ I began to say but Marcus came out of the blue and hugged Kelsey.

“Hey Kelsey! Isn’t New York awesome?” Marcus said with a smile. This mofo probably is trying to stop me from telling Kelsey anything. Oh hecky no.

“Yes it’s beautiful.” Kelsey said with enthusiasm. She then turned around back to me. “What were you saying?” She asked.

“Me and Marcus-“ I started again before Marcus cut me off.

“I’m totally ready to see that orchestra perform.” He said. I rolled my eyes. Marcus isn’t slick.

“Hey Marcus, I’m trying to talk to Kelsey. You kind of keep cutting me off.” I said smirking. Marcus frowned. Kelsey raised an eyebrow and nodded in agreement.

“Oh really? Is it about that fight?” Marcus asked, genuinely. I chuckled slightly and gave him a look. I don’t even think Kelsey found out the truth behind Sean’s bruised face. Kelsey looked between the two of us confused. Before I could say what I was about to mention to Kelsey, which was the kiss and the plot to expose Chanel, Mr. Howard called us all to a silence. I guess this will have to wait, sadly. Mr. Howard had us exit the hotel and load onto our trustee bus. I made sure that me and Kelsey were sitting by one another. Marcus wouldn’t be able to stop me on the bus, now would he?

                I saw Chanel and Marcus sit together and for once, I was glad he was with her. I highly doubt Chanel would let him leave her side during the bus ride (but then again, if she’s cheating she wouldn’t care so I’m a little unsure). As the bus pulled off, I looked over at Kelsey. She glanced over at me and smiled.

“Now I can tell you what happened yesterday.” I said quietly. Marcus was so antsy in his seat, probably figuring that I was telling Kelsey about our kisses. She was his best friend anyway so she deserved to know.