Chapter 10: Let the Drama Begin

Hello loves. The moment you all have been waiting for is in this chapter. And it's all only getting started. The best has yet to even come. Enjoy, comment, and fan!

*Picture of hotel room on side.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Marcus' POV]

                It had been a little over a week since Dante and I hung out at the Renaissance Center and shared a moment. My sexuality was no longer the question nor the problem. I no longer denied the feelings me and Dante shared. The problem that always come into play that makes this hard is Chanel. I’m not one who drops my girl for the next piece of meat I see. It’s not my style to step out my boundaries and hurt the one I love. Most girls would kill for a boyfriend like me because I don’t flirt and I don’t blatantly look at other females and lust after them. Not to mention I’m good-looking and have a fit body (Sorry for my conceited moment but I’m just saying). But I also treat Chanel like a queen. As the saying goes, if your son is raised by queen, he’ll treat his wife as so. My mother raised me and Jasmine to have good sense and always made us do the right thing. She was a queen in my eyes. Both my mother and Chanel.

                Chris Brown’s Sweet Love played in my ears as I sat in my room finishing up my calculus homework. Tomorrow was the day that the band would be off to Manhattan, New York. It was kind of hard staying focused as I anticipated 5 days in Manhattan away from Detroit. My bags were already packed and my mother gave me plenty of money for spending on the trip. As I finished up the last few problems of my calculus homework, I plopped down on my bed and stared at the ceiling and smiled. Me and Chanel have been getting along still so I haven’t been stressing about that. Dante hasn’t been making any forward moves and it’s saddening. I shouldn’t be saying this, but I still want to kiss his soft, pink lips, which perfectly blends with his brown skin and light brown eyes. My insides just get all tingly thinking about him. I was falling for Dante and I was falling hard…

                I called Chanel to cake on the phone with her until I fell asleep. She can also get my mind off Dante.

“Hey baby.” Chanel said as she answered the phone.

“Hey beautiful.” I said smoothly, knowing that’d make her blush. I couldn’t see her but I knew she was blushing.

“What’s up?” Chanel asked.

“Just wanted to call my most favorite girl in the world. I’m psyched for the trip tomorrow.” I said with a smile plastering across my face.

“Oh my gosh. You and me both! I already have my clothes packed and ready for tomorrow!” She beamed. I chuckled at her enthusiasm. I love this girl so much.

“I have mines packed too. I just finished up all my homework for all my classes as well.” I said.

“So you did Mrs. McKenny’s calculus homework? Was it hard to you?” She asked.

“It wasn’t hard to me. As long as you took the notes and listened to her lecture, she made the homework easy as cake.” I replied. Chanel held the phone for a moment without saying anything. I guess she hasn’t been paying attention is calculus.

“You aren’t slacking, now are you, Ms. Valedictorian?” I teased. I heard her huff.

“One, I am far from being valedictorian. I’m not even salutatorian! I just don’t like calculus.” She said. But she’s always done well before.

“You don’t be texting in class, do you?” I asked.

“Who are you? My father? Even if I am, I can multitask.” She retorted. I guess I hit a fuse because she’s getting that annoying tone again. So much for caking on the phone tonight. I guess you can see how this will go. She fires off her rocket and snaps at me. How lovely. After our little argument, we hang up and I drift off into a deep sleep.