Chapter two

A few days later

M O N D A Y

August 14th

2:50pm

"Yea I just finished up my fourth client, I got two more after my lunch

"Yea I just finished up my fourth client, I got two more after my lunch." Malani said to Dess while cleaning up her suite.

She was currently on the phone with Kim and Dess while she got ready for her break.

"Why you taking your lunch so late, I thought it was usually around 1." Dess questioned.

"It is, but I took a squeeze in today since I don't take that many clients on Monday's." Malani said as she was looking through her desk causing a lot of noise in Kim and Dess ear.

"Girl what are you doing over there, you mad loud." Kim said.

"I can't find my damn AirPods, I swear I had them Friday and ever since then I haven't seen them. And you know I need them cause sometimes my nosey ass clients be tryna listen to my conversations." Malani said slightly frustrated.

"Maybe you left them at East place...I mean car." Kim smirked as Dess laughed.

"Bitch stop playing and I honestly didn't even think about that." Malani said as she sat down.

"Well just go to his shop and see, he only 15 mins from you." Dess said.

"Girl I can't just pop up, I should text him first." Malani said hesitantly.

"Girl if he got a client he gonna take hours to text back, just go now so you can get the AirPods and have enough time to eat. Stop being scary." Kim smirked.

"Shut up Kim...Fine and if he curse me out ima cuss both y'all asses out." Malani said as she took her crocs off and put her sneakers back on.

"Whatever hoe, I'll call you later after my shoot." Kim said as they all said their love you's and hung up.

Once Malani locked up her suite she made her way to the entrance.

"Skylar I'll be back love" Malani said softly to her receptionist.

"Okay boss girl"

(Malani's salon Joyce's Suites and inside her two suites)