Chapter thirty-nine

A few days later

F R I D A Y

January 21st

10pm

"This is cute

"This is cute." Malani mumbled to herself as she looked down at her phone and sat on her bed. She was bored and decided to play around in her wigs and take pictures. She needed her hair done and Tae was coming over tomorrow morning to fix her up. She definitely needed her hair done badly, even though it's only been a few days since she last got it done. She looked through her pictures she took, she stopped scrolling once she saw the picture her and East took a few hours ago on their date.

She smiled as she looked at the picture. She missed East even though he just left a couple hours ago. They spent the whole day together and he took her on a date after her doctors appointment with her obgyn.

On Monday they went to the doctor, just to do blood work, and a urine test to confirm she was indeed pregnant, even tho she knew she was. The nurses were short staffed on Monday so they were running a little behind time. So they told Malani to come back today, rather than having her wait around for hours.

They came back today and the doctor had her do multiple test today. More blood work, a blood sugar test, Pap smear, physical exam, genetic carrier screening. Her obgyn gave her multiple prescriptions for prenatal pills, a bunch of pamphlets for first time mothers and healthy pregnancy information and also calculated her due date.

Her due date was approximately august 26th, she was currently 9 weeks. She also had her first ultrasound done. But it was slightly uncomfortable due to it being done transvaginally, but the discomfort quickly left her body once she saw her baby. He or she was the size of an lima bean but nonetheless she was still excited and so was East. They also got to hear their baby's heartbeat and that was the highlight of their year honestly. The look on East face made her heart explode. He had so much love in his eyes. He couldn't stop staring at her the whole time. It made her nervous as always for him to look at her so intensely.

They both got multiple copies of her ultrasound and East hung one up inside his car. She couldn't stop cheesing from seeing him so happy. He told her he would hang the the rest up in his house and shop. He was smiling from ear to ear during the whole appointment. She honestly expected him to be more nervous than excited, since it definitely hit them today that she was pregnant.

But Malani couldn't lie, she loved seeing him excited it helped her not be as nervous. Monday night he came home with a bag from the book store, pouring multiple pregnancy, new dad and mom books onto the bed. Of course she cried the whole night, because he was always showing her how much he cared and how he was so attentive. But she definitely prayed day and night that she was ready for this new journey of motherhood. She was still young but very mature for her age, so she prayed she could handle this.