Chapter twenty-three

The next day

F R I D A Y

November 12th

5pm

"Where you want me to put your pie at mama Shay

"Where you want me to put your pie at mama Shay." Malani asked as they both walked into the kitchen.

After East grandmother doctors appointment they stopped for lunch at her favorite restaurant. Then they took her to the grocery store, getting her everything she needed. The appointment went smoothly and Malani was thanking God the whole time for it.

"Oh baby, you can just leave it on the table." Mama Shay said as she sat down at the table.

"And baby, don't worry about helping Easton, he can bring in all the groceries himself. That's what men are for anyway." she said as Malani laughed.

"Ma, don't be telling ha not to help me." East laughed as he walked into the kitchen holding a good amount of grocery bags.

"Oh hush, you should be use to carrying all them bags and putting everything away for me by now." Mama Shay laughed.

"You want a slice of pie now mama." Malani asked as she helped East put the groceries away in the kitchen.

"Sure honey, I want you and Easton to get a slice also. Enjoy this good pie with me." His grandmother said.

Once East finished bringing all the groceries into the kitchen, Malnai helped him put everything away and the three of them were now sitting at the dinner table, eating their pecan pie.

"Child, that boy was so bad in middle school, he always got into fights. They called my phone about 5 times a day." His grandmother said as she told Malani about East growing up.

"Mmcht I wasn't that bad, kids got slick mouths and I wasn't doin allat talkin. Younger me was ready to throw hands." East shrugged as he reminisced about his younger days.

Kids were mean and growing up for East was hard, especially when you had a crackhead mother. The streets talked and everyone knew his mom was a crackhead. So at school kids would always try and pick on him. He already had so much anger built up, as a kid so he stayed in fights. But once again he was thankful he started going to therapy years ago, and healed that inner child in him. He couldn't keep walking around with all that anger inside, all it was gonna do was destroy him in the long run.

"Well I'm glad you kinda grew out of that." Malnai chucked as everyone laughed.

"I'll wash the dishes." Malnai said as she grabbed everyone plates taking them to the sink to wash them.

East grandmother looked at East and mouthed "I love her." To East as he smiled brightly and mouthed back "Me too." As his grandmother smiled too.

They heard the door bell ring, followed with a knock as they all looked in the direction towards the door.