Chapter eighteen

The following morning

F R I D A Y 

October 22nd

6am

Malani couldn't sleep, so she was wide awake chewing on some ice. She sat up leaning against the headboard as she scrolled through tik tok videos laughing.

"Ma." East mumbled in his deep voice loud enough for her to hear.

"Hmm." Malani said as she looked down at him.

"You mad loud in my ear baby." East rasped in his deep morning voice.

"Sorry I can't sleep." Malani said softly as she put her cup down on the night stand beside the bed.

"C'mere." East said as he turned his head to the right to look at her.

Malani laid down and snuggled up beside him as he started to rub her back. He knew that would help her fall asleep.

"Yo ass neva wanna wake up early any otha time, but today u wanna be up at 6." East said as he looked over her face as she rolled her eyes.

"I know it's annoying but I gotta get up around 9 so I can set up everything for Tae's breakfast." Malani sighed.

"And it's cold." Malani frowned as she smushed her face into his chest.

"Yo ass chewing on that damn ice, that's why you cold." East laughed.

After about 10 mins of him rubbing her back she was knocked out.

"Dess get up bitch." Malani said as she shook her best friend trying to wake her up.

She got up 15 mins ago and did all her hygiene and now she had to set up Tae's birthday breakfast and his gifts. It was a little after 9 now so they had to hurry up, before he woke up. Kim couldn't cook so only Dess and Malani would fix the food.

"Mmcht give me 5 mins." Dess mumbled as she threw the cover over her head.

"No hoe, get up now." Malani said as Dess groaned and ignored her.

"Ard bet." Malani said as she went into Dess bathroom, she poured cold water in a glass and walked over to Dess bed.

She held the glass cup above Dess head and poured the water on her.

Dess hopped up and almost slipped, Malani died laughing at her best friend as she fell to the ground in tears. She was laughing so hard she couldn't breathe as she held her stomach.

"Bitch what the fuck." Dess laughed as she got a towel to wipe the water off and did her hygiene quickly.

"I told yo ass to get up." Malani said still laughing as she held her chest and got up off the floor.

"Imma get you back hoe." Dess laughed as she walked out her bathroom.

"Whatever come on we gotta hurry up." Malani said as she pulled Dess arm and dragged her out the room going downstairs.

As they cooked all the food, they listened to music as Rod Wave played lightly in the background.

"Ima go wake up Kim in a few so she can help set up his gifts." Malani said as she cut up the fruit.

"Mhmm k." Dess mumbled nonchalantly not caring honestly.

"Are you two gonna talk." Malani questioned.

"I dunno, it's Tae day so I'll deal with it later." Dess said.

"You think she know?" Malani said.

"Nah only you know, I mean Tae has an idea but I never told him anything." Dess said as she cooked the bacon.