Chapter fifty-three

One month later

S A T U R D A Y 

June 11th

3:45pm

"Let's go May, yo ass steady takin all damn day

"Let's go May, yo ass steady takin all damn day." East sighed in annoyance as he waited for the past two hours for her to get ready. They were only going to the movies and she was taking forever to get dressed.

"I can't find anything that fits. You try being fat." Malani yelled from the closet as she searched through the scattered clothes she had laying around.

"You not fat ma, stop sayin that." East mumbled as he stood up from the bed, he ran his hand down his face as he walked towards the closet, standing in the door. He glanced down at Malani as he saw her still standing in her bra and panties, and not dressed.

"Oh yeah? If I'm not fat. Then what do you call this ?." Malani rolled her eyes as she pointed at her huge and swollen belly. She was 30 weeks now and in her third trimester. August 26th was her due date and truth be told she was more than ready to push her baby out. It seem as if she literally grew 10 times bigger over night.

"Uh shit ion know, maybe being pregnant." East said sarcastically as she threw a shoe at him he dodge it.

"I can't find nothing that fits...how about we just stay in tonight and say no to the movies." Malani sighed.

"Wat ? Nah you been askin for weeks now to go to that new drive-in theater nd we goin today." East spoke deeply as he looked at her crazy.

"But I can't find anything to wear." Malani whined.

"Jus throw on sum, who gon be lookin at you. We sitting in the damn car the whole time Malani." East stared at her blankly.

"When have you ever known me to just throw on anything. You know I gotta always look my best when I step outside this house. You looking all nice and I'ma be looking homeless nunuh." Malani folded her arms  underneath her chest as she shook her head. She looked at his outfit as he had on a Givenchy black logo printed hoodie with black logo printed sweatpants to match and some Nike dunks.

"So then find a fuckin outfit nd let's go. I been waitin on u for two hours now Lani." East rasped as she could hear the annoyance in his voice.

"But I can't find anything to wear, that's the problem." Malani mumbled lowly.

"Shit ight. Then ima find you sum, don't worry." East sighed, he walked past her and went to her side of the closet. He picked up two hangers within a few seconds and handed the clothes to her.

"Hea put this on nd let's go. Don't make me tell you twice." East spoke deeply as he handed her the outfit. He left out the closet and sat on the bed.

Malani looked at the outfit in her hand, It was an alexanderwang logo print essential jersey muscle crop tee in the color charcoal grey with matching alexanderwang charcoal grey sweater pants.