Chapter forty

The following morning

S A T U R D A Y

January 22nd

8am

"Is this cute babe

"Is this cute babe. I don't feel like getting all dressed up but I still wanna look somewhat nice." Malani mumbled as she looked in the mirror at her blue velour tracksuit. She looked down at her stomach, she was only 9 weeks. So she had no bump yet but her body definitely had small changes that she noticed. Like her sore and slightly bigger boobs and also how everything she wore fit different just a little bit. She did gain a little bit of weight but since she was so slim she knew it would take a while for her belly to start showing.

"You look good mama as always." East smiled as he walked towards her. He stood behind her closely as he wrapped his arms around her, he softly rubbed her belly as she stared down at her stomach watching his movements.

Malani looked up at him and felt butterflies. She turned around facing him. She stood on her tippy toes as she placed a soft kiss on his lips. And she felt sparks, it made her stomach drop instantly. She pulled away as she stared up at him. She bit her lip as they stared at each other deeply. Recently every time he touched or kissed her she felt a jolt of energy run through her body. It still amazes her how he made her feel.

"Thank you baby, you nervous for today?" Malani smiled as she looked at her watch, checking the time. She placed her hands on his chest, as she looked up at him, only to find him already staring at her once again.

"Nah, yo folks love me." East smiled as she laughed. He wasn't nervous at all, honestly the only time he felt nervous was when they went to her doctors appointment on Friday. It fully hit it then and there that he was going to be a father. It was crazy how fast things happened but he loved it and he wouldn't change a thing.

Malani was his soul mate and he knew they were meant to be all along. He knew God kept them both in one another lives as friends until the moment was right to bring them together and now their inseparable. When he first found out she was pregnant a week ago he was ecstatic. She blessed him with the greatest gift of them all and he couldn't thank her enough. He already kissed the ground she walked on but now, he felt his love for her grow even more if possible.

He felt like he spoke this moment into existence. Since he always said to himself he couldn't wait to see her walking around with a swollen belly, carrying his seed and now it's all reality. Yeah he was nervous as hell. And this new journey was new to him but one thing he knew for sure. Is that he would give his kid all the love he ever yearned for and would never leave his or her side.

He would always be there for his child no matter what, loving them till he took his last breath. Giving them the best life he could. He would make sure his child would always feel wanted and always reassuring them that they were loved. He would make sure they never felt alone or abandoned. He would make sure he could be the best father to them despite his fucked up childhood.