Chapter One: Ready at Last

I was lonely. The apartment was lonely. I was more lonely than I had ever been in my life. Anakin had left the apartment to me in his will, though no one would have ever predicted that he would die so early. Neither Ahsoka. Or Padmé. This is the consequence of living so long. I thought. Yet, it wasn't. Anakin had been ill, and combined with a battle wound, hadn't survived. Ahsoka was killed by rebels when we were on a mission to Mandalore. Padmé had caught a plague. I had been at their side at each of their deaths. They were all so young. More than once I had yelled to the sky, asking if they were punishing me. But I didn't know what I'd be punished for.

"Rowan?" I asked no one. The air shimmered and Rowan appeared. She was one of the friends I had left in this world.

"Yes?" she responded. It seemed she had taken on the duty of secretary (for whatever reason) and always said that I needed a serious schedule organizer.

"Can I go to the portal room? I'm ready," I sighed.

"Really?" she asked.

"Yes," I answered.

"Finally," she smiled. The room dissolved around me, and I was in the portal room, one of my favorite places to hang out. I stepped through the door to Hogwarts and closed my eyes. I instantly realized something was wrong. I opened my eyes. Hogwarts was burning, and it smelled like burnt sugar. Everblaze. 

***********************************************************************************************

Sorry for the short chapter, but I thought it would be a good start. Anyway, I may be working backwards, but I have a good part of this written already. Stay tuned for more short chapters!

-K Skywalker :)