Chapter Eight: The Grisha

Trust me, getting an audience with the leaders of the Grisha isn't that simple. But when you introduce yourself as the other Sun Summoner, it's pretty easy. I'd saved quite a few Grisha when I had accidentally honed my powers as a Flasher. It acted as a shield to the fighting Grisha until Alina killed the Darkling. It does help that a volcra was about to kill Zoya, but when I arrived accidentally with the light, it had flown away. I'm hoping that that softens her a bit. I left after that, but everyone got a good glimpse of me. That's how they recognized me. I walked into the throne room, decidedly not curtsying or anything.

"Hello, Zoya. Genya," I acknowledged the leaders in the room. They instantly stood up in shock and surprise.

"You," Zoya said.

"Me. I believe you recognize me," I smiled, despite the hard times.

"Are you..." Genya trailed off.

"Yes," I responded.

"Prove it," Zoya said. I knew what she meant. I swirled my hands and created a ball of light, which shaped itself into a falcon and flew around the room, landing on my shoulder.

"So it is true," Genya said with awe, staring at the falcon. "There is another Sun Summoner."

"What do you want?" Zoya asked, getting to the point as usual.

"Help," I replied simply. Then, for the third time that day, I explained the situation that we were in, telling them what would happen if they accepted or refused my offer. Zoya and Genya looked at each other, at a loss for what to say.

"So, you're telling us that these villains, whoever they are, will essentially burn our world either way," Zoya frowned. "Why did you come in the first place, then?"

"I was hoping to have a slight bit of an ally with the Grisha," I said. "Allies are scarce, and you're one of the only ones I have left."

"And the others?" Zoya asked.

"Burning, with me, or not visited yet," I replied. The two leaders considered that. "Or the first two combined."

"We cannot risk this," Zoya said finally.

"She saved your life," Genya argued. "She saved all our lives. If I remember correctly, a volcra was about to carry you off."

"Yes, but to give the Second Army to her? No, that's too much," Zoya shook her head.

"Hey, I'm not asking for the army," I protested. "I just need more fighters."

"Are you not enough?" Zoya asked, raising her voice.

"Most definitely not!" I replied. "Look at this." I twiddled with my tech on my wrist, then held it up. The damage that I saw from the worlds was displayed. "Do you see? This is what will happen, inevitably. This is what I've seen. Combined, these villains are tough to beat." Genya and Zoya were shocked. Every bit of damage was not something that they had dealt with before. They started whispering, probably thinking about every bit of what I'd shared, and the consequences for refusal or acceptance. After what probably was five minutes but felt like five days, they made a decision.

"We will join you," they said in unison. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you," I said. "Your elemental powers will come in handy. I will contact you when it's time to move."

"What do you mean?" Genya asked.

"We've got a separate dimension that is currently our hideout and our base," I replied. "We'll move the Second Army there when necessary. Don't worry, it'll probably be soon."

"Is that good or bad?" Zoya asked.

"To be honest," I said after a moment of thought, "probably the latter."