Chapter Thirty-Six: Confrontation

I may have only been alive again for a bit, but I could tell how big of a deal this was. I didn't know how long I'd been asleep, hypnotized, or whatever, but as soon as I had woken up, I could tell that things had changed. I could see it as the aftermath of the war took place. When Kianna filled me in on everything that had happened, it was shocking. I knew about everything that Kianna had been involved in, but neither of us had ever thought about something like this happening. And while she stayed asleep, I felt like an outsider. Sometimes I waited by Padmé's side, sometimes I waited in the War Room, looking at Tatooine, Naboo, and Coruscant.

Something kept growing in my mind, a constant wonder. The stranger who had been by Kianna's side as well as me. I noticed him sometimes at her side, hoping just like me that she would wake up. Who is he? Finally I couldn't take it anymore. I tracked the Elf down until I managed to corner him in a random meditation chamber.

"Who are you?" I asked sharply. "I've seen you around my sister." The Elf raised an eyebrow. Probably didn't know who I was.

"Legolas," he replied a little coldly. "Of the Woodland Realm."

"Anakin Skywalker," I said. "Kianna's brother." Now both eyebrows were raised. "What do you have to do with Kianna?" The Elf, Legolas, looked slightly uneasy. "I've seen you at her side. You were with her when she fell. Who are you to her?"

"Just a friend," he replied.

"That isn't all of it, is it?" I probed. "Who is she to you?" Legolas was silent. "More than a friend? Is Kianna a sister to you? Or more?" He didn't say a word. That gave me my answer.

"Does she love you back?" I asked, now knowing the truth. Too much had happened in the last several months. Too much had changed.

"I don't know," the Elf replied softly.

"You'll be okay, whether Kianna loves you or not," I assured him. "My sister, she's kind, has a good heart. That much hasn't changed, I'm pretty sure." Legolas shook his head.

"It's part of why I fell in love with her," he remarked quietly.

"She listens, doesn't she?" I asked. "Whenever you have something on your mind, or a dark memory that needs to be let out, she listens. Kianna doesn't judge. She has her own demons, and she's a good sympathizer." He nodded.

"She was the only one who would," Legolas said.

"Did she tell you about herself?" I inquired.

"Yes," Legolas responded. I raised an eyebrow.

"She trusts you, then," I told him. "Extremely. Kianna doesn't tell anyone about her past, much less anyone whom she doesn't know well." I knew all I needed to know.

"Good luck," I said. "I'd like Kianna to find happiness, and not just on her own."