Chapter Thirty-Seven: Awake

I blinked, then blinked again. My brain processed everything that happened, and I sat up with a gasp. I wasn't alone. Legolas turned with an expression of relief and happiness. I groaned slightly with pain.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"Weeks," he replied, clear relief in his voice. I stretched, then hopped out of the bed I was in and wobbled slightly.

"Careful," Legolas said, steadying me.

"Thanks," I said. "Everyone else, I need to go see them." I turned to leave, but Legolas said,

"Wait." I turned around.

"Yeah?" I got a sudden sense of deja vu, from the time right before I had lost my powers. Legolas simply looked at me.

"I need to tell you something," he said quietly.

"What is it?" I asked. He took a breath as I watched him with curiosity.

"I love you," he said. That was the last thing I expected.

"You... love me?" I stared in disbelief.

"Ever since that night in the corridor, where you showed me who you were," he replied. "Do you... love me, Kianna?" It took me a bit of time. Then I searched myself inside and remembered the night in the clearing. Legolas had shown himself to be someone I could trust. Someone I could be with. Someone I could love. And that night, deep down, held my answer. I stepped closer until we were mere inches apart. Then I nodded.

"Yes," I whispered. "I love you, Legolas." Then I kissed him. I'd never experienced anything like it before. It was pure, golden, and it felt right, which was good. I stepped back slightly and smiled. The door suddenly opened, and Anakin peeked in. Legolas and I jumped apart slightly. Anakin raised an eyebrow, then said to me, smiling,

"Kianna."

"Anakin," I replied, returning the smile.

"Our friends, we got them unhypnotized, and well... they're awake." My eyes widened in happiness and pure joy. I turned to Legolas, beaming.

"Gotta go, you know," I said slightly awkwardly, then with a quick smile, slipped out the door and sprinted away, my heart exploding with emotion and me feeling like I could fly.