Chapter Twenty-Nine: Captured

I held a pair of binoculars and zoomed into the Order's camp.

"Gods," I groaned. "I think their numbers grew since the last time we checked."

"I agree," Legolas said. "Around a few hundred more droids."

"Crab droids, destroyers, commandos... they pulled out everything they had," I narrowed my eyes. "Wait. Look over there." I switched my gaze to another tent. "Prisoners. Thousands of them. I see Twi'leks, Togrutas, Wookiees... species of all kinds. They even have Poletecs! Why would they have them?"

"Perhaps a human shield."

"Maybe. I wouldn't put it past them." I put my binoculars away and slid away from the edge of the cliff that we were spying from, getting up. "Come on, we have much to report." I peeked around the corner of the cliff, checking for scouts. As we snuck through the plain under the cover of darkness, Legolas said,

"Kianna, I have something to tell you."

"Yeah?" I asked, scanning my surroundings. I looked back at him and cocked my head, curious. I'd never seen an Ardan Elf look so anxious before.

"I —" All of a sudden, a giant metal net dropped down heavily on me. It crackled with electricity, and I cried out in pain. I tried to reach for my lightsabers, succeeded, and tried to spin them to cut the net open. Instead, my lightsabers bounced off and sent a huge wave of electricity through my body. I screamed. Hooded figures surrounded us. Nightsisters. Legolas nocked an arrow to his bow and drew it back. Mother Talzin showed herself, holding up a simple remote with a single button. I was able to guess its purpose.

"Would you like to hear your friend scream again?" she asked, her finger hovering over the button. The leader of the Nightsisters smiled when Legolas hesitated. "Seize him."

"Well, well, well, we have quite the prize, don't we?" Mother Talzin said, turning to me. I glared at her. Then, which was a bit of a surprise, yet another villain stepped into view, an unexpected one.

"Dooku," I said, my voice like ice. "I'm surprised you've gotten over the whole attempted-murder thing from Mother Talzin."

"Have you done it?" Dooku asked, ignoring me.

"I was just about to," Mother Talzin replied impatiently. Then, with a sharp blow to my head, I was knocked out.

****************************************************

I watched in horror as a woman dealt a vicious blow to Kianna's head. She passed out cold. I looked on, not being able to do anything, as Dooku, whose name I learned from meetings, used the Force to lift the net from Kianna's body. Mother Talzin began whispering strange words as Kianna's eyes opened. They were bright green. The Nightsisters began chanting, and a ball of iridescent light worked its way out of Kianna, who was levitating a couple of feet over our heads. It broke free, and Kianna's body arched sharply, her signature purple hair dimming to brown. The sphere of light was guided into a locked chest, and a Nightsister removed Kianna's belt of weapons. Then, she was slowly lowered onto the ground. I was also stripped of weapons, then the sisters holding me captive released me. I ran to Kianna's side, wondering what had just happened to her.

****************************************************

As I awoke, I immediately noticed something was wrong. I could feel it. My eyes opened in horror as I realized what had happened to me.

"No. No," I whispered. "You monster!" I screamed at the villains smirking. I looked at my hair, at my hands. Legolas was at my side.

"What did they do to you?" he asked, concerned.

"They..." I could hardly choke the words out. "They took my powers away. My sensitivity to the Force, my elven powers, the magic that made me a witch, my father's blood... gone. All gone." It was like my soul had been ripped from my body. I was an empty shell. As they cuffed Legolas and me and led us to their base, I barely noticed. I was in utter shock. They dumped the two of us in a cell. I barely noticed that tears were streaming down my face.

"Kianna... are you going to be up to fight?" Legolas asked quietly. I looked at him, scared and utterly lost.

"I don't know," I said softly.