Chapter Two: Hogwarts Burning

I gasped. This cannot be happening. I had to get people out of there. Avoiding the flames and covering myself with a strong shield reinforced with a thick layer of translucent ice (a method I had done my best to perfect), I darted down the hallway, running into the Transfiguration room. So many memories surfaced, but I pushed them away for the moment. Now was not the time for nostalgia. I coughed from the smoke.

"Kianna?" a weak voice came from behind me.

"Rose?" I asked, layering ice around her. Rose Granger-Weasley, Hermione and Ron's daughter. I helped her to her feet.

"Professor McGonagall is still over there," Rose coughed.

I ran across the classroom and layered another shield around the professor.

"Kianna Skywalker, my goodness," Professor McGonagall said. "Of all the things."

"Hello, Professor," I said. "But please, we must check all of the classrooms. There are probably still people alive."

"Rowan, once we've found everyone, teleport everyone to the portal room. I'm pretty sure we can all fit," I told Rowan.

"Got it," she replied. I ran around all over the school, gathering teachers and students.

"Rowan, we're ready," I called. The survivors shimmered and were gone. A little afterward, I appeared in the portal room. There were so few survivors. Out of probably 650 students and faculty, barely 50 remained. So many people were lost. Rose survived, but her little brother Hugo hadn't. James, Albus, Lily, and Scorpius had, thank the gods, all survived as well, but most of the faculty were gone. McGonagall, Flitwick, and Sprout were the only faculty left.

"Rowan, how?" I asked in disbelief. "How was Hogwarts destroyed? I don't understand. And how with Everblaze? It's from the Lost Cities, it shouldn't have mixed."

"I do not know," she replied sadly.

"I'm going to go to the Ministry, tell them what happened, and I'll go get Ginny from Harry's house if necessary," I said. I made my way through the crowd and jumped through the door to the Ministry.

***********************************************************************************************

Hi all! New part (of course), and left on a cliffhanger! (kind of, since the next part will be published in about five minutes.)