Chapter Thirty-Five: Control Lost

Something bad was going to happen. I could feel it. And it wasn't just exhaustion. Cutting down the millionth droid with barely a second glance, I looked around - and saw Katooni battling Palpatine. And losing. She was blocking a series of swift slices and tiring after each one. Then I saw Palpatine's right eye twitch. I knew exactly what that meant.

"No!" I screamed helplessly. Palpatine speared his bright red lightsaber through Katooni's chest. Ducking under lightsabers and curses, I knelt by her side.

"Bring them back, Kianna. Win the war," she whispered, and the light left her eyes. I bowed my head in a moment of mourning but heard a whoosh of a lightsaber above me. I whipped around and blocked the green saber. My eyes widened. It was Ahsoka attacking me. Memories flashed through my mind, all of them the times we had each other. So many times that we had each other's back, only to be turned against each other. I looked at my enemies, but I only saw friends. I was going insane. Something reared inside of me. Bonds snapped, and my spirits were loosed. I blacked out.

***************************************Anakin's POV*****************************************

I cut down droid after droid and made special care to only knock out anyone good. Something seared inside me. Uh oh. I thought. I looked around. There was a piercing creepy bright green light. I ran toward it, and I saw it was coming from Kianna. Her eyes were open, and I could see that they were bright green.

"What the -" I said in astonishment. Her body was radiating green light, and she began to levitate. Something clicked. It looked like the shade of green of Mother Talzin's magic. The magic must not have been purged from her. She's going to become their pawn. Kianna climbed high into the air, but she didn't turn on us. Instead, I heard a large crack, but nothing appeared to be wrong. It seemed to be almost a magical break. Then it got weird. Six balls of light rose out of Kianna's body and flew high above the battleground. Everyone stopped fighting and turned to look at them. I swear I heard one of them cackle. It took me a second to realize what they were. Kianna's spirits. Air, water, fire, light, shadow, and ice. I watched in shock as each of the spirits started soaring towards our enemies, bombing them with giant gusts of wind, drowning them in water, blinding them in light, dousing them in shadow, and burning them in fire. No one could do anything to help. We could only look on as our enemies were brutally tortured. All of a sudden, another ball of light rose out of Kianna. It was unlike any color, a beautiful shimmering light iridescent purple. Kianna's spirit. It shrieked a falcon's cry and dove after the elemental spirits, gathering them one by one. Kianna's spirit enveloped them all in purple light and sank back into her body. The light was briefly visible in Kianna, then it went out, and she began to fall. Slowly at first, but she soon gained speed and hurtled toward the ground. I hurriedly snapped out of my trance and used the Force to reduce her speed. It worked, and she floated onto the ground. I raced toward her body and knelt by her side. To my absolute confusion, someone else did too. I stared at the stranger in slight puzzlement and suspicion before I felt Kianna's wrist and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Pulse," I said slightly weakly. My sister did not look herself though. Paler than usual, sickly, cold, stoic. Suddenly, I realized we were being watched. I stood up. We were crowded with allies.

"Where are..." I started, before realizing that the battle was over. I looked over the crowd and realized that our enemies were all on the ground. I walked up to an unknown Elf and realized that the enemies vanquished by the spirits weren't dead, merely unconscious.

I realized that everyone probably wanted me to say something. It's what Kianna would have done.

"The battle is over. Our fight for the worlds is done. We have lost many people on this day, so let's remember what it took to get here. To stand triumphant. Remember the sorrow, the grief, and everything that you had to sacrifice. Just remember." I picked up Kianna carefully and started walking away.